Chapter Forty-Seven "Homecoming, Part V

Chapter Forty-Seven "Homecoming, Part V"

Trixie rummaged through the refrigerator before retrieving a pitcher of punch with her magic and levitating it over to the kitchen counter. Derpy left momentarily to pick up her daughter from the daycare center, and promising to return with Dinky shortly. This left Trixie alone to keep Parker's band of sidekicks occupied long enough for Derpy to return. The mailmare may have been a clumsy pony, but she was a sound mother, proving capable enough to handle the Crusaders with ease. Trixie volunteered to get the fillies a few beverages once they began to grow thirsty.

Normally, the unicorn would have granted them access to the kitchen without supervision, but after the girls destroyed half of the glass clambers in Canterlot Castle, Trixie figured it would be best if she handled all fragile materials. She could only wonder how Parker handled such an energetic lot without tearing his mane out. Perhaps the stallion had parental qualities like Derpy, his sense of right and responsibility echoing that sentiment. Exasperated, Trixie groaned as her tail whipped to the side. It was rather frustrating how much Peter was on her mind now. She had her company to blame for that.

"Trixie?" a soft voice called out from behind. Trixie closed the refrigerator with her hoof before turning around, finding a large pair of emerald irises peering up at her. Sweetie Belle smiled, giggling as the unicorn exhaled a response. The filly trotted over to her side and stood on her hind legs, using the kitchen counter to keep her balance. The top of her light violet mane only reached Trixie's chin, but Sweetie Belle remained on the tip of her hooves, struggling to see the items on the counter. "Do you need any help?"

The request was innocent and delivered through a cracked voice. Trixie's lips curled into a smile, her stoic demeanor unable to resist the filly's immense adorability. "No, but I do appreciate the thought."

Nodding, Sweetie Belle fell back on all four hooves. "Okay." Glancing out of the corner of her eye, Trixie nodded before raising the pitcher and pouring its contents into four separate glasses. Once the mare finished her task, she found Sweetie Belle still standing beside her and shifting her gaze from the refrigerator to a letter in her mouth. Hesitantly, Sweetie extended it to Trixie, the filly's ears dropping into her mane while her cheeks flushed. "W-Would you, um, mind p-putting this on the refrigerator door for me? I can't reach-"

Knowing what the filly was asking, Trixie snatched the letter from her hooves with her magic. "Hmm... just what is this?" Curiosity having got the better of her, the mare quickly opened up the letter and began glancing over the contents before replying.

"O-Oh, it's nothing! Just, um something I wrote for Peter, it's not important or anything special," Sweetie quickly commented. After a few moments, a look of clear disinterest crossed the mare's face, only serving to further add to the filly's reluctance and doubt of having asked.

"I see. Well that was very thoughtful of you." Having lost interest in what the remainder of the message might hold, Trixie deftly levitated it to the fridge; slipping the letter under an attached magnet.

As Trixie returned to rummage through the collection of silverware and supplies, a relieved sigh caused her to once again return her attention to the filly beside her, raising an eyebrow. Out of all the Crusaders, Sweetie Belle was the easiest to read when it came to Peter. She was a naive filly harboring a schoolyard crush. It was harmless, dare Trixie think 'cute' even. However, the mare pondered where those feelings developed from. With Sweetie Belle, Trixie believed there was a concrete reason, as the filly was supportive of Peter beyond comparison in spite of the idiot's mistakes. Trixie sighed inwardly. Her curiosity was getting the better of her again.

The mare placed the tray of glasses on the table and held the letter down to the filly, along with a small magnet. "Sweetie Belle, how did you come to like Peter? Trixie has been meaning to ask you this for quite some time."