Chapter Fifty-Two "Darkest Before the Dawn, Part I"

Twenty-Three Days Remain until the portal closes...

Seventy-Two Hours Remain...

The morning rays of the sun pierced through the small openings of the window drapes, slowly yet surely filling the bedroom with light. Twilight awoke, her eyes fluttering open as she stretched her limbs. A sleepy smile formed on the girl's face once her vision cleared. Her naked frame was in the arms of her lover, who never relinquished his hold despite falling into a deep slumber. In spite of her vulnerable and compromising position, Twilight couldn't feel any safer, her senses blurred and lost in the blissful aftermath of last night's session.

Peter began to awaken, evident by his grumbling and shuffling. Twilight inhaled sharply as Peter's arms tightened around her waist, and a bright pink flush filled her cheeks once his hazel gaze met her violet eyes. The young man's lips curled, forming that wonderful smile the princess had grown to adore. Twilight buried her face into Peter's solid chest, stifling a giggle. She felt happy, as giddy as a unicorn who had learned how to use magic for the first time. Yet, there was a sense of nervousness, her heart fleeting. Shifting his position, Peter rolled over until Twilight was on her back and his body was poised over hers.

Eventually, the knight lowered his head, pausing before kissing the princess.Hisprincess. Twilight moaned into his mouth, shivering involuntarily as Peter's warm hands brushed over her soft skin. Even now, the princess didn't fully understand exactly how the young man made her feel this, so strongly with nothing held back, but she was content as long as the wondrous sensations lasted. The surrounding temperature steadily rose, beginning to match the heat wave from a few hours ago. Hesitantly, Twilight pulled away, her mouth missing her lover's enticing taste, but she smiled, wrapping her arms around Peter's neck.

They eventually parted, retrieving their clothing before joining back together. Twilight's smile grew wider, matching the brightness of Earth's sun. She and Peter sat in a comfortable silence for several minutes, both exchanging smiles as they put on a fresh set of clothing. It felt strange how comfortable she was, especially after such a display of emotion, but as Cadance mentioned, with love comes trust. Twilight's relationship with Peter had truly blossomed into something beautiful, and the princess begged- no, pleaded to the stars for it to never end.

Twilight giggled, winking at her boyfriend. "Hungry?"

"Starving, but that's not anything new," Peter chuckled, lowering his body until he kissed the center of Twilight's forehead. Her face glowed. Peter's brow furrowed at a thought. "Wait. What about the Bugle? Don't you have to go to work?"

Twilight shook her head before extending her hand, causing violet energy to envelope the bandages on Peter's head and arms. "Not necessarily. I have JARVIS handling my appointments. If there are any problems, I informed Robbie to call me immediately if I am needed." Each bandage freed itself from the young man's body. Most of his wounds had healed overnight, but Twilight frowned, directing her gaze to Peter's midsection. She ran her hands gently over the area, her fingers massaging the muscles underneath the shirt. "I'm taking a leave of absence to make sure you stay out of trouble."

Peter mock frowned. "I have a feeling there's some trust issues here..."

Twilight's cheeks flushed to match the same shade of pink as the special strand in her hair. "It's not just that. I just want to be with you right now, as silly as it sounds."

Peter smirked, tapping his fist against the girl's forehead. "Hey, I like silly." Twilight smiled, pausing to rub the wrinkles out of her green shirt. Her diminutive figure could barely fit into the wardrobe, evident by her exposed shoulder and the sleeves covering her hands. Peter couldn't suppress his smile. The large, green ribbon placed perfectly in Twilight's violet locks matched her shirt and snow-white skirt. He placed a soft kiss on the cheek of his princess. "You look beautiful."