Chapter Fifty-Seven "Endgame, Part I of IV"

Five Days Remain until the portal closes...

"So you've come, like moths to the flame,"Osborn's voice murmured through the walls of the castle.

Spider-Man shrugged. "Do youeversay anything original?"

Shimmer huffed. "I have to agree. That line is seriously cliché."

"I was expecting you. Do not think I was not aware of your plan. I knew you were hidden within the Sanctum Sanctorum. Quite frankly, I did not care. You are all insects compared to what I have become. I have finally transcended. I have become what I was destined to be: omnipotent."

Norman chuckled lowly before pillars materialized near the group's position, creating a flight of stairs that rose to the next floor.

"If the lot of you truly desire to face me, then come. I only hope you can survive what awaits. After all, the entire world will be watching you struggle."

Outside of the walls of Castle Doom, images began to take form in the sky. Soon, the same thing occurred across the entire world, with a projection of Spider-Man's group filling the skies. Citizens walked out of their homes and diverted their gazes skyward, some murmuring while others exclaimed in panic. New York was no different, with a clear image of the interior of Castle Doom being displayed throughout the entire sky. Everyone within the Daily Bugle crowded the windows, each doing their best to see what was transpiring.

Jameson, lost in thought, stared deeply at the photos in his hand. It was a picture of this...Taraperson, holding Spider-Man in her arms while wings sprouted from her back. He'd gone out on his own accord, heeding his reporter instincts, and took pictures of Spider-Man, a crazy flying woman, a giant dragon, and a few other vigilantes while the battle raged on. Turned out that one of the new vigilantes in town was his new boss.

However, that wasn't what perturbed Jameson. In the photo he held, Spider-Man was unmasked. After all this time, he'd finally found out that the vigilante's identity was none other than Peter Parker, the photographer who disappeared years ago. Jonah rubbed the wrinkles out of his forehead, groaning. His ultimate triumph felt bittersweet, empty, and unfulfilling. All this time, the same photographer that he hired to take pictures of the masked vigilante, was right under his nose the whole time. Before Jameson could gather his thoughts, he glanced outside and blurted out an expletive as he found the shifting images in the sky. Suddenly, energy fields materialized all around the world, surrounding every city and base.

"I know about the United Nations' plan to launch nuclear missiles at my castle. I would not advise that. Should you launch a single missile at my castle..."

The projection faded, morphing to a new image of a missile launch site. The control panel began to short out, electrical currents running along the surface before the machine detonated. The missiles self-destructed, the explosions engulfing everyone within the vicinity in a ball of flames. The Goblin's cackling laughter echoed across the airwaves before the image dissipated and materialized back to reveal Spider-Man's group of heroes after they had made it to the top of the stairs. They reached a pit, but stones flew into their path ahead, connecting to form a makeshift bridge.

"I trust you'll make the right decision and stand down."

Osborn paused, grinning maliciously.

"My powers are not limited to this world, Peter."His voice declared. "Allow me to extend Equestria the privilege of watching their hope dwindle and die."