Chapter Forty-Eight "Homecoming, Part VI

Chapter Forty-Eight "Homecoming, Part VI"

Twenty-Eight Days Remain until the portal closes...

Twilight sat with her hands pressed against the window and her violet gaze fixed on the land far below her current position. She was onboard something called a 'jet', a high-speed aerial vessel. Both JARVIS and Peter warned the girl that it would be faster than a hot-air balloon by an incomparable margin, but Twilight couldn't hide her amazement with the superior technology Earth continued to show her. Brushing a strand of her locks behind her ear, Twilight peeked down to face the passenger in her arms, but she paused, snickering at the sight of her sleeping and drooling lover.

Even at such a high altitude, Peter displayed his ability to sleep comfortably in the most unusual position. Granted, Spike was following his lead, sleeping soundly at the back of the plane in a curled position, but Peter leaned his head back, resting it over Twilight's breasts while he sat between the girl's legs. This actually wasn't unusual considering that her boyfriend had slept under far more absurd conditions before, the ceiling incident with Pinkie Pie maintaining that distinct honor. However, what made this unique was Peter's obliviousness, the young man drooling like a baby on her arm.

While it was disgusting, Twilight found the sight adorable and only tightened their embrace. Peter was defenseless, unable to stop anything his lover had planned.

"JARVIS?" Twilight whispered, keeping her eyes centered on Peter as he murmured in his sleep.

The computer in her lap buzzed, its screen lighting up. "Yes, Miss Twilight?"

Her smile widened. "Would you mind taking a picture of us? Consider it a souvenir." Although this request was innocent, Twilight's grin was devilish, evident by the gleam in her eyes. However, JARVIS was not one to argue under some circumstances, or rather, he knew whennotto object. A new window opened on the screen, revealing an image of the young couple in their current situation. Twilight's arms were soaked, drenched in saliva, but she wore a wide smile while Peter snored. The picture disappeared, saving into the computer's hard drive.

Content with the outcome, Twilight closed her eyes and grinned victoriously. "Thank you, JARVIS."

"My pleasure, Miss Twilight."

Twilight nodded, directing her attention to the clouds behind the window. Peter's drool was seeping through her jacket, meaning she would have to remove it upon landing, but her smile remained intact. As forewarned by JARVIS, Twilight was aware that the climate would be much warmer than that of New York. In a sense, Peter was doing her a favor, but she wanted to pay him back for some of his troubles. A low yawn escaped from Twilight's mouth, prompting the princess to follow her lover's example and rest the back of her head against the window. Before falling into a gentle slumber, she made a mental note to show Spike her newly acquired photo.

Osborn opened his golden eyes and rested his chin on his large fist. "I seem to have lost hold of my spy. Sombra is more intelligent than I gave him credit for."

Sunset Shimmer furrowed her brow and approached the behemoth. "Do you think he killed her?"

Goblin shook his head, bemused. "No. I can tell he freed her from my spell, and now she's under his control. This might complicate matters a bit." Vanishing from his stone chair in a flash of light, Osborn appeared directly behind Sunset Shimmer, his shadow enveloping the woman's figure. "Sombra is in the middle of the city. I want you to find and kill both him and Spider-Man. I don't need any nuisances. I'm so close to becoming a true god." He cackled, holding his hand out.