Chapter Sixty "Endgame: Fallout"

Two Days Remain until the portal closes...

Though the day was all but perfect, Peter couldn't pay the sky, breeze, or sun any mind at all. He stood alone in the graveyard where two of the most influential people in his life rested. Though he had sworn to never come back, the experience with the Green Goblin was enough to change Peter's mind. The young man smirked at a thought as he ran his hand over the smooth marble surface of his uncle's grave. Peter needed closure, and his time on Earth was running out.

The Avengers were out helping with the widespread collateral damage while his Equestrian allies nursed their wounds in the Sanctum Sanctorum. Peter knew now was as good a time as any to say his final goodbyes. It wasn't like before. He managed to smile while staring at Gwen's grave. Something light and warm lingered in his chest, giving the young man a new sense of worth as he murmured a silent prayer for his former lover.

It was as if a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders, allowing Peter to move freely without looking back. He inhaled deeply as a breeze brushed through, the fresh scent reminiscent to that of Gwen. For the first time, he was able to remember the positive memories of his former lover. With a small nod, Peter turned to take his leave, his smile vibrant and heart light.

Twilight and Peter sat on the top of the Empire State Building with their breakfast of hot coffee and doughnuts. Considering that the entire world knew their identities now, the top of a skyscraper was one of the few places where privacy was all but guaranteed for the most part. Peter sat in his classic red and blue costume without the mask, devouring a doughnut while Twilight, her face flushed to a shade of crimson, downed a cup of coffee.

The princess wore a violet jacket and pink shirt, the set of clothing she'd grown to adore during her time as a human, but there was a problem with the attire now. Twilight had been considerably shorter the last time she wore these clothes; the reemergence of her alicorn powers had added several inches to her height. While the jacket, shirt, socks, and boots still fit her body, Twilight's skirt was far shorter than she would have liked, reaching only to her upper thigh andbarelyconcealing her bottom.

The girl exhaled, chiding herself for making such a careless mistake. She had been in such a hurry to leave the Sanctum Sanctorum that she had failed to look in a mirror. Twilight growled before shivering involuntarily. Of course Peter, in his typical big-mouthed fashion, had to comment on the matter, and the princess felt perturbed that even Mother Nature added her opinion as well with a draft that traveled much lower than anticipated.

Peter grinned, extending a doughnut to the visibly flustered girl. "I'm just glad you teleported here. With so many camera phones out, someone could have easily taken a picture and posted it online." Twilight snatched the treat away, munching it down with a pout. Peter nudged her arm with his elbow. "Oh, come on. It's not that big of a deal. I think you look sexy with butt floss- Ow!" The young man rubbed the back of his head, wincing as Twilight shot him an exasperated expression. "Sheesh, I'm sorry! We can stop by that clothing store on our way to the café. I'll buy you some cheesecake, too."

Twilight seemed to have considered his words, placing her hand over her knees. "Fine. Let's go do that now. We can talk at the café afterward."

The princess used her magic to crush the garbage before placing the materials in a small black bag. With a snap of her fingers and a flash of light, the trash vanished from sight. Peter hopped to his feet and offered Twilight a hand, prompting the girl to accept the gesture, but she felt the temperature in her face rise once a gentle breeze brushed across her leg. Peter's grin widened, and Twilight whined, pulling down on her skirt in a vain attempt to shield her bottom.