Glee's Finest A Puck Love Story. Or is it?( Chapter 3

Chapter 3

  Ah soccer practice, running drills left and right. It was all in all, brutal. You’d think I would be used to it by now. I’m not! I sat panting bent over holding my knees. Coach Hagan wasn’t taking it any easier on us for the semi finals Saturday. That is why she is such a good coach. She never lets us slack. Always making us be on our toes every minute. I really needed a breather.

“Come on Sav. You gotta get to work. We are almost done.” Michaela ran up patting my back. I waved slightly breathing just as hard as when I stopped 2 minutes ago.

“I…know. I’m…just…winded.” I sputtered out standing straight with difficulty. Michaela smiled and ran on to join the others who were about to practice kicking goals. I grabbed a cup of water pouring it on my head and then another to drink. It went down easily and I braced myself for the next go round.

“So Savannah you have that competition tomorrow, right?” Kate whispered from behind me making me jump. She laughed at my freaked out expression.

“Oh jeez Kate! Don’t do that!” I cried grabbing my heart.

“Well it is tomorrow night right?” Kate spoke quietly again. I looked around to make sure no one was listening.

“Yea it is. Your coming, right? I mean it is a school competition anyway.” I was more of commanding rather than asking. She gave me a look that said I was crazy.

“Of course I am coming!! I wouldn’t miss it. I just need to know what time I have to be at your house.” Kate said leaning against the back of the bench.

“Sweet! It will be so much better when you are there. Be at my place by 7. My parents will drive you there. Come on we better get going before Coach Hagan makes us run laps again.” We both groaned but stood and jogged over to the rest of our troop.

  After practice the girls and I headed for the showers. I didn’t need to hang around. Puck was bound to mention something about me watching him sing. I didn’t want to deal with him. Changing into my clothes I looked around the room. No one was left. Ok so I liked hot showers and long ones. So what?

“I’m gonna wash that man right outta my hair.

I’m gonna wash that man right outta my hair.

I’m gonna wash that man right out of my hair

And send him on his way!

Get the picture?”

  I sang loudly to one of my favorite movies. South Pacific was a classic. Very sad, but still awesome. That was my shower song. I usually did that when no one was around. I breathed in as I dried my hair with my towel. Tomorrow night was the singing competition for McKinley and Brantley (Ok so I don’t know the name of the school Vocal Adrenaline is part of) high schools. There I would go and prove my talent without showing who I am. There will be people from both schools watching and I don’t want to take the chance of being found out. That is why I came up with the idea of having the nickname “Savvy” it is almost like my name. My mom and dad helped me go through with all the paperwork and finalities I just had to choose the music, costume, and setting. This is going to be huge! Talent scouts were going to be there to search out new acts. I just hoped I would win. I had no clue who my competition was all I knew was I needed to do my best. Yawning I picked up my stuff and headed home.

                    ******************************************