Glee's Finest (A Puck Love Story. Or is it?) Chapter 20

Chapter 20

  Unfortunately enough the days flew by quicker than I had hoped for. Puck and I were getting to that point where we were more than just friends. Our relationship was nothing like what I thought it would be. He was nice, and caring, sweet, funny, and most importantly himself. I hadn’t seen the Puck that I used to see. I saw someone different. Someone who could be who they wanted to be without getting criticized for it. I saw a guy who was what no one thought he could be. At school of course both of us played our roles like we had for years, but when the bell rang our true selves came out. We did everything together and just because we had to but because we wanted to. Puck didn’t even complain when I turned Say Yes To The Dress on the TV. We adjusted for each other’s personalities and quirks. It was more than a little refreshing to be myself. I couldn’t be me around all but one friend of mine and no one actually knew how hard it was. By choice or not I had a hard time.

 Puck and I had gone to see a movie, played music, I even went with him to see a Maroon 5 concert. That was awesome by the way.

 We really were starting to connect and a small part of me was a little scared whereas the other part was jumping for joy. Saturday came along and Puck showed up at our house earlier than usual to help us pack everything up. It was going to be an all day thing so Puck like the rest of us had packed our dress clothes instead of wearing them there. We loaded up into the minivan and prepared for our just over two-hour long car trip down to Mason Ohio. I fooled Puck into thinking it was named after my family but you know moms. They always have to ruin your fun. Ben and Kyle insisted on having the bucket seats so Puck and I got stuck in the back. We climbed in and because of the bags in the back we were more than a little squished. It was a little embarrassing with my parents there having to sit so close to Puck seeing the end seats buckle was broken so I had to scoot in the middle. You know you are a little too close when you can hear the other person’s breathing.

“Sorry about this.” I whispered to Puck when the journey began. He just looked at me like I was crazy.

“Please. It took me three weeks to get this close to you.” He said adjusting his arm so it was resting on the headrest behind me.
“And it isn’t me willing to sit this close. Don’t forget.” I said with a smile.

“Of course.” He replied shaking his head.

“Music?” I offered handing him one of my headphones. He shrugged and put it in. Even the pink headphone looked good on him. It just wasn’t fair. I had made a play list for the trip consisting of all my favorite show tune and various other music. Puck didn’t seem to mind well actually by his head nodding back and forth he seemed to like it.

 About 45 minutes in my eyelids started to get heavy. I hadn’t slept well the night before in anticipation of seeing my grandparents. I usually only got to see them a couple times a year and it was certainly a treat every time I did.

“You didn’t sleep well.” Puck commented rather than asked; he rested his arm around my shoulder letting me lay on his side.

“Nope.” I answered with a yawn.

“I can’t promise I will wake you up when we get there.” Puck teased.

“You better.” I warned snuggling in closer and drifting out.

“Nana! Grampy!” I heard Ben and Kyle yell waking me up with a start. My eyes shot open and I sat up forgetting I was lying on Puck.

“We’re here!” I shouted unbuckling my seat belt. Puck smiled and undid his as well.