Chapter 28

Chapter 28

 I woke up the next day completely ready for whatever came my way. I was going to talk to Puck about me giving instead of just him. He deserved someone who could give him respect and dedication like I did. Hey, always expect the best out of people. That is something my dad has taught me through the years. There is good in everyone. Now that I see that in Puck I am never going back. Jesse was still in the very back of my mind but even those feelings that I had had for 2 years were going away and replaced with Puck. He was everything. Sure we had only been dating for a little over two weeks but I might as well have been with him for years. I was head over heels to say the least. Who knew Puck and I would find love, and true love at that? My heart still couldn’t process the shear amazement of it all.

 I got to school looking around for Puck in the parking lot where we usually met up when we didn’t drive in together. Unfortunately I couldn’t see him or his truck anywhere. Maybe something terrible did happen. What if his mom is in trouble? Or his sister got hurt? That would be horrible. I pulled out my phone and sent him a text.

“U ok?” not but two minutes later I got the reply.

“All good. Slept in 2day, see u in Spanish.” I put my phone in my back pocket and made my way to English Lit. People passed me waving here and there but my mind was on Puck. He must have got into trouble if he was running late. Ever since we started going out he always came on time. Odd. Class went by semi-smoothly but I couldn’t concentrate that well anyway. I had already finished finals so it was just the rundown over the past year. Gotta love the last day of school. When class got out I went to put my books in my locker thinking about all the stuff Puck and I would do over the summer. I sighed leaning against it happily with my Spanish book in hand. Mercedes from the glee club passed by and rubbed my shoulder.

“Sorry things didn’t work out with you two.” She said giving me a sad smile. I gave her a confused look.

“What?” I asked but she had already moved on.

“Weird.” I thought to myself before heading down the next hall to Mr. Shue’s class. I tried to just brush it off until Jared and Josh offered their ‘condolences’ and now I was getting very worried. Was there something going on that I didn’t know here? I paused in the hallway to think. This is seriously concerning me. Puck and I didn’t break up. As a matter of fact we were far from it. Why were people saying all of that stuff? I moved around the corner to class knowing I was about fifteen minutes early but didn’t really care. Perhaps Puck was there so we could talk.

“What in the world could they be talki…” I trailed off now seeing exactly what they meant. Low and behold Puck was standing down one of the darker halls on the way to Spanish class making out with Santana. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t speak, breathing was hard enough. Sitting there watching my boyfriend, the guy I loved more than anyone, my other half, with Santana sent my heart shattering into a billion pieces. The pain I suddenly felt was almost unbearable. The utter shock of it all was almost enough to stop my heart in its tracks. As I sat watching still unable to move I felt a single tear fall down my face. My stomach churned and twisted and I grimaced at the aching. I had to move, I had to leave and get away. I turned around and ran as fast as my legs would allow me. I ran down the halls and out the front door not exactly knowing what to do with myself. Apparently Puck had seen me because I heard his voice yelling my name.

“Savannah!” He shouted running after me. My heart seized at his voice sending a new burst of pain. I kept running not wanting to see him ever again in fear of actually dying completely. I felt his hand grab my arm and pull me to a stop and make me face him.