Chapter 43

Chapter 44

Another week rolled by but things weren’t going as smoothly for like the week before. I was troubled by Danica. My fear was that she would tell Jesse I was cheating on him with Puck, which wasn’t true in the least bit. Santana and Rachel were being babies the day after day in glee club and again, it was trying my patience. I tried to keep my mouth shut but it was hard. Puck had been laying it on me for a while now. I fought it with all I had but it was getting harder and harder to refuse his manliness. He was just too hot. He knew me well.

 Jesse and I were still going strong, which made me wonder what exactly Danica was up to. If she didn’t tell Jesse I was cheating on him then what would she do?

 Us glee kids sat waiting for class to start. Mr. Schuester was running late so we had nothing to do.

“I’m so bored.” Tina said leaning against Mike’s arm. We all mumbled in agreement.

“Hey Savvy, do you think you could sing us a song in the meantime?” Mercedes asked and everyone perked up giving their ‘yeahs!’

“I guess I could.” I looked around at everyone’s expectant faces.

“Come on my darling.” Jesse said quickly kissing my cheek. I laughed quickly and stood up to face the group.

“I suppose I could sing a song from the greatest female singer ever born. Linda Eder.” Everyone kind of looked at each other confused.

“Who is Linda Eder?” Finn asked looking to the others around him who just shrugged.

“She is only a Barbra Streisand wannabe.” Rachel crossed her arms obviously looking for a fight and little did she know was that I was having just the week to give her one.

“Excuse me? Linda Eder could smoke Barbra Streisand any day of the week. Don’t even try to deny it. You’re just a hater is all.” I said following her example and crossing my arms only coldly. All the other kids just sat wide-eyed. I must have looked super pissed.

“Dream on Savannah. Barbra is way more famous and she has Grammies’.” Rachel spoke acidly moving forward as if to make her point even clearer. I was wondering when she would finally burst and tell me she hated me for stealing her spot light.

“Well Barbra did movies and showcased her talent like no tomorrow. Whereas Linda just did it for the love of music.” I retorted leaning against the piano sure of my argument.

“A better singer is a better singer.” Rachel said getting even more animated. I was about 140% positive she was referring to her and me as well as Linda and Barbra.

“I’m glad you agree. Linda is better isn’t she?” I smiled tauntingly at her with one raised eyebrow. I unfortunately learned that from Puck. Rachel stood getting ready to rumble when Mr. Schue entered ruining a perfectly good making of a fight.

“Girls! What is going on here?” He said putting a restraining hand on my arm.

“She’s insulting my hero.” I accused re-crossing my arms angrily. I knew I was being a baby. But I wasn’t having that good of a week so things got even more annoying.

“Oh just because I said Barbra is better than Linda, and she is, doesn’t mean you need to get all high and mighty.” Rachel huffed sitting back down next to Finn.

“Well excuse me for not being a fan of it when people lie to themselves.” I spoke shaking my head.

“There is a logical solution to this girls. Have a diva-off. Savvy you choose a song Linda Eder sings and is famous for and Rachel you do a Barbra song.  You both sing and the rest of the club decides the winner. Ok?” Mr. Schuester offered diplomatically.