Chapter 49

Chapter 49

   This couldn’t be real, it really couldn’t. Any second I going to wake up from my dream just as sad and alone as ever. I pushed my way passed kids left and right not caring about what anyone thought or said. I had to get to the music room. I had to get to him just to see his face before I woke up. Teachers gave me their ‘no running in the halls’ bit but I didn’t listen, I had to go no matter what. I ran as fast as I could feel the pressure building in my lungs but I didn’t stop. I skidded around the last corner and flung open the door to the music room without a second thought to whoever might be watching and sure enough he was there. His back was to me but I knew that Mohawk anywhere. I knew that body, that movement that everything. It was Puck. I breathed out slowly knowing my dream was balancing on the edge of a sword and who knew when I’d wake up. He sat on a stool with his back to me still playing some chords on his guitar tapping his foot along to the rhythm. He was gorgeous as always even if I couldn’t see his face. I took a step closer, then another with each one waiting to wake up. But I didn’t. I took one final deep breath and spoke.

“Puck?” I whispered fearing to talk any louder. The music suddenly stopped and I closed my eyes waiting to be back in reality.

“Savannah.” I heard his sweet voice reply. I hadn’t woken up. Surely my mind was being cruel to me. I opened one eye then the other while he just sat watching me with a passionate gaze.

“Is it true?” I whispered again feeling my heart pound in my head.

“About Lauren?” He asked quickly standing and adjusting his shoulder strap. I nodded knowing if I tried to speak nothing would come out. He smirked taking a step closer.

“The Puckster is free again. Lauren broke up with me.” Puck’s smirk turned into a smile as he held out his arms like a choir was going to start breaking out into song around him. I just stared blankly at him.

“You can wake me up now.” I muttered to myself talking to my mind. Why did I torture myself. Puck’s smile grew.

“You’re not dreaming Savannah. I’m real. This is real.” He said taking another step closer.

“How…” I trailed off in shock. I wasn’t sleeping. This wasn’t a dream. He was really here in front of me telling me he was free.

“Savannah.” Puck’s voice cut through my thoughts and I looked up at his face. His eyes were lit with happiness. “I’m single.” He laughed excitedly.

“You’re single?” I questioned still not grasping it.

“Yea. And I’ll only be single as long as you want me to be.” He added taking another step and then another until we were about two feet apart. Then all of a sudden everything clicked.

“You’re single.” I stated a little louder. This was too good to be true. Puck got down on one knee and took my hand in his.

“Savannah, I have something I need to tell you. Something that I should have said a long time ago but was too stubborn to.” He spoke and his words were like electric shocks shooting through my system. I stood back up and led me to a seat so I could sit down while he began to strum his guitar. Just like that he swept me away with the beautiful sound of his voice.

Puck:

This time, this place

Misused, Mistakes

Too long, too late

Who was I to make you wait?

Just one chance

Just one breath