Chapter 46

Chapter 46

On a normal basis I wasn’t the type of girl to go around hitting people but for Danica… I made the exception. My fury had finally made me lose control. It was all her fault though. She should have known better.
“I’m going to kill you!” I shouted while I sat on top of her beating her head with my fist. She was crying already trying to push me off of her but I wasn’t having any of it.
“What do you think now huh? Still think I can’t get my hands dirty!” I asked kneeing her in the side. She finally was able to roll away and kicked me causing me to fall and scrape my face on the hard surface. I pushed myself up still not quite done with her. She was crawling away whimpering for me to stop. By this time people had been running over to see what was going on. I didn’t even give them two thoughts. Quickly I reached over and grabbed her ankle so she couldn’t go anywhere.
“Remember you wanted this.” I yelled moving closer to her even though my face hurt from the fall.
“No! I give! I give!” Danica said trying to get away still but I wasn’t letting go. I went to punch her again when she took me by surprise and back handed me in the face making me fall back again. I blinked through the pain knowing she would take advantage of it. She jumped onto me and grabbed my shirt shaking me and slapping me at the same time. She didn’t even punch me. What a wimp.
“Take this!” She cried using her nails this time and scraping my neck. I grunted in pain using my weight quickly to throw her off of me. My neck was stinging but I ignored it still wanting to teach her a lesson.
“Cat fight! Cat fight!” The crowd started cheering fist pumping as if it would make us fight more. I knew I looked like death warmed over who said it would stop me though. I grabbed Danica’s hair.
“You like playing dirty huh?” I breathed out getting a bad blow to the chest. Not cool.
“Please! Stop! I get it!” Danica cried sniffing like a sad child while her nose ran with blood. I had a lot of anger to get out and seeing her like this didn’t make any difference to me. I went to raise my fist again to deliver another punch when strong arms wrapped around me trying to pull me off. I fought tooth and nail not wanting to stop.
“Savannah stop!” Puck’s voice broke through my wall of hatred and I immediately quit fighting. He took a few steps back pretty much carrying me the whole time because I just fell limp in his arms. My head hurt, my face hurt, I knew she was in worse shape but I didn’t care.
“Puck?” I spoke in a whisper feeling my remaining energy begin to drain. His beautiful face was next to mine in a second.
“I’m here babes. I’ll take care of it.” He replied smoothing the hair out of my face and wiping away the tears of anger on my cheeks.
“Alright everyone, move or you’ll wish you had!” Puck warned and I watched as everyone slowly went their own ways. Danica was still on the ground writhing in pain. Baby.
“Did I win?” I asked while he looked me over for injuries. Laughing quickly he put his hand on my face giving me a sincere stare.
“I think you did rather well for not being normally violent. And might I add it’s major hot.” Puck smiled grabbing some tissues out of my bag and wiping the scrapes on my neck and face. I grimaced when he touched the raw skin and his expression mirrored mine, as if hurting me hurt him.
“What about her?” I asked motioning to Danica who still lay there like a martyr. Puck shrugged.
“She’ll realize no one cares eventually.” He smiled finishing up. “Now come on. I better get you home. You’re parents will wonder what’s up.” Puck helped me up and handed me my bag. I stretched my back feeling sore already.
“Thanks Puck.” I smiled at him reaching out to touch his cheek.
“Danica!” Jesse shouted dropping to his knees by her side startling me.  I stood straight not to show that I was beat up too. I had to make it look like she was the only one hurt. Puck and I watched as Jesse picked her up looking frantic and desperate.
“What happened?” He questioned not even looking at me or Puck.
“She messed with the wrong girl.” I replied lifting my chin up proudly. Jesse just looked at me in awe.
“Next time keep your ho on her leash.” I finished turning and walking away. I didn’t want to be around any longer. The sight sickened me.
“That. Is such a turn on.” Puck half muttered from behind me making me smile. If anything I was glad I still turned him on when I looked this horrible.
“I’m sure I’ll get flack for this tomorrow.” I sighed standing beside my bike holding my head.
“Now I have a headache.” I breathed out dropping my bag.
“I should drive you home. Looks like your face got a pretty good hit.” Puck said looking at my head to make sure there wasn’t any more damage.
“That would probably be a good idea.” I sighed reaching down for my bag but Puck was quicker and he shouldered it himself.
“Come on. You can have Bianca drive the bike home.” Puck took my keys and scribbled a quick note and hid them under the helmet before leading me to his truck and helping me up into the cab. I took a deep breath taking in all of his familiar scents. Cologne and sweat. Yea, Puck’s dude smell turned me on. Why wouldn’t it? I leaned my head against the headrest and closed my eyes. I hated headaches.
“You ok?” Puck asked as we drove back to my house. I opened one eye and looked at him.
“I always am. Besides, she’s the one people should be worried about.” I answered looking down at the trash on the floor. Classic guy mess.
“Well I’m not.” He spoke coolly. I raised an eyebrow, his signature.
“Why not? You dated her didn’t you?” I knew the answer only too well but I wanted to hear what he had to say.
“Yea I dated her. But I don’t care about her.” He never took his eyes off of the road. He was so weird.
“So why did you date her then? Oh, don’t answer that. I know the answer.” I said when I remembered exactly who Puck was. Player, user, and love of my life.
“I did what I had to, to get what I want. Then you came around and screwed everything up.” Puck shook his head like it was some private joke. My heart skipped a beat.
“Screwed it up how?” I asked giving him a confused glance.
“Because I was in a rhythm. I’d date girls, I’d sex girls, I’d move on. Simply enough. Then you came along and made the think, ‘damn I can’t have all of them.’ It was… an eye opener.” Puck shrugged. I wasn’t sure what to say so I just blushed like in a Jane Austen book. The rest of the ride was pretty quiet except for the music Puck put on. I was too conscious of his every movement rather than my own pain. The ride wasn’t too much longer sadly enough and when I got home I looked at my face in the mirror. My eye and cheek was red and slightly swollen, my neck had fingernail marks in it. My mom wouldn’t be too happy. I sighed making my way to the door with Puck at my side.
“Savannah Ashley Mason.” My mother’s stern voice spoke from the living room. I winced. This wasn’t gonna be good.
“I’ve got your back.” Puck whispered behind me and I shot him a grateful glance before heading into the living room where my mom and dad sat. I looked at the clock 4:30. I didn’t think it was that late. Interesting.
“Hey guys.” I tried to smile hoping they wouldn’t notice my battle scars.
“We heard you got into a fight at school.” My mom said with a serious look on her face. My dad was about the same.
“Oh you heard huh? Well she asked for it.” I answered not even bothering to try and cover my butt. I did it and I wasn’t ashamed. Danica had it coming.
“What do you have to say for yourself young lady?” My dad spoke up from the couch. Puck flopped in one chair ready to defend me if necessary.
“Only that she deserved it. And I do not regret it.” I lifted my chin up ready for whatever punishment came my way.
“Well that just leaves one thing left to say.” My dad said standing up and walking over to me. Oh boy, here it comes.
“Did you win?” His eyes brightened considerably and my faced broke out with a smile.
“Are you kidding me? Puck had to pull me off.” I answered feeling proud. My dad knew I wasn’t a violent person and it took a lot to set me off. That’s why he is like this.
“That’s my girl.” My dad said hugging me while we both laughed.
“Oh Brian.” My mom sighed shaking her head. I’m sure she didn’t expect that to happen. Puck was chuckling in the corner watching us.
“Savannah you know we have to punish you right?” My mom stepped in unfazed by my dad’s pride. Sighing I sat on the arm of the same chair Puck was in.
“Yea, I know. Go ahead and lay it on me.” I said knowing it was deserved. My mom watched me for a minute.
“Savannah your punishment is no TV for a week.” She finally said and I raised my eyebrow giving Puck an ‘are you kidding me?’ look. He shrugged about as confused as I would. That punishment was nothing. As a matter of fact, I only watched two TV shows every now and then. A smile began to grow on my face. I knew why she did that. It was to make it look like I was being punished without ‘really’ punishing me. I stood up seeing my dad try to hide a smile.
“Mom. I take your judgment with the most humility I can.” I spoke pretending to be serious. My mom smiled and gave me quick hug.
“Just remember who you got your toughness from.” She whispered before telling me to go get cleaned up and sent Puck to help.
“That could have gone worse.” I laughed sitting on the counter in my bathroom upstairs while Puck grabbed out the medical stuff. It really wasn’t that bad, but I was humoring everyone.
“Uh a lot worse. If it was my mom she’d be like ‘aren’t you ashamed of yourself Noah? You have no morals.’” Puck spoke in a fake high-pitched voice, which clearly wasn’t his mom’s. I laughed shaking my head.
“Well I know you have some morals.” I commented grabbing an alcohol wipe to clean my cuts and scrapes.
“And how do you know that?” He inquired devilishly cocking an eyebrow. I moved to press the wipe to my neck when he grabbed my hand. Our eyes met and I was locked in his gaze, like usual.
“Because if you wanted to you could take advantage of me right now, you could have taken advantage of me any time but you didn’t.” I spoke despite it being difficult to breath with him only inches from me. Puck’s face turned curious then to mischievous.
“And who says I won’t?” He breathed out running his hand up my thigh slowly. My chest was getting tight, my stomach was doing back flips, and my head was spinning. It felt sooooooo good. I opened my mouth to say something as he and I moved closer and closer until our lips were brushing each other’s.
“I dare you to try.” I teased with a smile playing at the corners of my mouth. Puck’s eyes widened for a brief moment before returning the steaming, seductive, observant gaze he possessed. I couldn’t hold back anymore, with him being so close, the guy I loved, it was too much. Almost at the same time our resilience broke and we flung ourselves into each other’s arms kissing passionately. It felt so amazing to be back in his arms, back kissing his lips, back in this position. His hands fell to my hips pulling me as close as our bodies would get while my arms looped around his neck. Our mouths moved together just like they had before. Perfectly. I was getting more needy rubbing my hand over his head and my fingers tingled at the touch of his skin. He groaned slightly moving his hands down to under my thighs lifting me off the counter completely.
“I want you so bad.” I muttered against his lips sending a tremor I could feel through him exciting me more.  I wrapped my legs around his torso and a feeling of ecstasy was building up within me while his hands caressed my skin.
“Puck…” I breathed out as he trailed a line of kisses down my jaw and neck. I’d never felt so alive before, so invigorated. He held me up while sliding down the wall to be in a sitting position with me still on top of him. I reached over quickly shutting the door as a way to let him know meant business.
“I’ve waited so long…” Puck moaned tauntingly nipping the exposed flesh of my neck with his teeth making me gasp slightly with each one. I ran my hands up his hard chest and back down wanting nothing but to be close to him. Puck’s shirt was the first to go, (which I may or may not have ripped off animalistic like.) His muscles were tense and perfectly proportioned as I scoured over them with my hands. I kissed Puck’s jaw slowly, tauntingly making him groan in pleasure. His hands got to work on the bottom of my shirt pulling it up over my head and tossing it next to his wife beat before admiring me thoroughly.
“Damn Savannah.” He said leaning in and kissing me roughly and wantfully. I straddled his waist and pressing my chest to his longing to be closer. Nothing was going to come between us now. I was so close to having all of him. Puck pushed himself forward so he was on top and began to unbuckle my jeans placing kisses on my stomach. My mind was on in a whole different dimension while I arched my back at the touch of his warm hands pulling my jeans away and throwing them aside like the rest of our clothes.
“Savannah, you’re perfect.”  Puck breathed out leaning over me and kissing me again. I was on such a high and wasn’t at all expecting my first time to be on my bathroom floor let alone before I was married but now that he was mine again there wasn’t anything stopping me. I wrapped my arms around his neck again and kissed him. I had him, he was all mine just like it was supposed to be. Mine and no one else’s. My eyes shot open in horror.
“Lauren!” I exclaimed not too loudly making Puck jump back startled.
“What about her?” He asked breathing a little heavily touching my neck with lust in his eyes.
“She’s still your girlfriend.” I said and all good feelings, all jitters slowly faded away. He wasn’t mine. He was still another girl’s.
“I’ll break up with her tomorrow, no big deal.” Puck said moving forward again but I held my hand up to stop him.
“I won’t be that girl Puck.” I spoke feeling dryness in my throat. I didn’t want to stop, heck no, but I had to. His ecstatic expression fell and he hung his head knowing what was coming.
“What girl Savannah?” He asked letting go of my arm and leaning against the wall again. I sat up and grabbed my shirt quickly.
“The girl who goes around stealing other women’s boyfriends and making them break up. I won’t come between you two.” I replied cutting myself deeply in the heart. Oh how I wanted him still.
“Don’t you get it by now Savannah? It has always been you, it will never be anyone other than you! All those other girls were just distractions because I couldn’t have you.” Puck spoke lowly watching me. My heart stopped.
“You mean…” I didn’t finish not knowing what to say. Doing this just pained me that much more.
“I’m only with Lauren, because she distracted me from being away from you. All of them did. I’ve wanted you since I first saw you freshman year.” Puck admitted making me stop mid pull of my pant leg. He didn’t do anything but sit there looking glum. I closed my eyes unable to keep the smile off of my face but then a vision of Lauren looking upset as Puck and I walked through school together crossed my mind.
“I’m sorry Puck, I can’t do that to her.” I shook my head trying to keep the tears in. I walked out of the bathroom towards my room with Puck on my heels.
“You can’t tell me you don’t feel the same Savannah. I know you.” Puck prodded while I zipped and buttoned my jeans. This was getting more and more difficult by the moment.
“I mean we nearly did it two minutes ago.” Puck said in a hushed voice so my parents wouldn’t hear.
“You still have a girlfriend and that is called cheating. I won’t be the cause of some other girl going through what I did with Jesse.” I shook my head determined. Everything about it screamed wrong to me. Puck moved in front of me in a second and held my shoulders.
“Say it Savannah.” He looked set. I knew what he wanted me to say. I took a deep breath and sighed.
“I love you Noah Puckerman. And I always will.” I said and felt a weight lift off of me. Puck’s eyes sparked with pleasure. His hand was on my cheek instantly making me look at him.
“Then say you’ll be the Puckster’s.” He grinned thinking I was giving in. My eyes stung with tears threatening to fall.
“No matter how much I love you Puck I still can’t do it. You can’t break up with her. And if you do…” I thought for a moment knowing what I had to say would hurt us both. “I won’t go out with you again. She has to choose or this can’t happen. I may not be Lauren’s bff but I won’t do that to her.” I said pulling back from Puck’s arms while he just stood stunned.
“So I’m stuck.” He stated while I walked away and kept my back to him not to be tempted. I fell a tear fall feeling fresh pain in my chest.
“You have to pay for what you get Puck. I’m sorry… for both of us.” I answered as more tears began to fall. A couple minutes passed and there wasn’t a single word from him.
“Puck?” I asked turning around but he was gone. I broke down and cried all over again.