Glee's Finest (A Puck Love Story. Or is it?) Chapter 14

Chapter: 14

  Thank God that Puck hadn’t mentioned me hugging him. It would have been a little embarrassing. Don’t ask me why but it would have. For the rest of that night Puck and I passed the time singing and trying new ways to play with our voices. We actually discovered I was a pretty decent rapper. You know like Nicki Minaj? Yea, I loved rapping and with Puck’s guidance I actually was able to do something I hadn’t planned on before. Seeing he had been taking voice lessons in glee he was able to give me more pointers and assistance than I had thought. It was nice of him I wouldn’t deny it. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and Puck didn’t end up leaving until 11:30 vs. his usual escape at 8:00. It was really mom and dad who suggested he get home or he would have stayed longer I am sure of it. He and I were having too good a time to think of the time. When I did end up thinking about it though I knew I was going to be exhausted for school the next day but I really was in too much of a happy daze to care. We wished Puck a good night and he left with that same grin on his face that he had had all just humming away to himself. I smiled when I saw him. day. I knew that I had to be careful with the way I treated Puck. I definitely wasn’t going to lead him on and make him think I liked him when I didn’t. That was rude no matter who the person was. There was no way I was going to hurt them like that. I couldn’t like Puck. He and I were far too different. Opposites DON’T attract. Whoever said they did, lied.

 I woke up the next morning feeling quite refreshed despite my semi late night the day before. I rolled out of bed and went into the bathroom no longer needing my mom’s assistance for a shower since the doctor removed the cast on my upper leg on Saturday because I didn’t need it anymore. It was really my lower leg that was in bad shape and even that was almost healed. I could put some pressure on it and I was fine walking around with one crutch. Well, at least from what I had tried that morning I was fine. I cleaned myself up and picked out something to wear. Since Puck knew my secret I might as well dress like myself. People shouldn’t find it strange seeing the cast wouldn’t allow me to wear jeans or even sweat pants like usual. So I picked out a skirt and a shirt that matched it grabbing my bag and heading towards the door. When I opened it to my surprise Puck was sitting at the top of the staircase.

“Good morning Puck.” I said happily and carefully walking towards him. Now I would have to get used to using one crutch verses me just getting used to the two. Puck looked back at me with a grin.

“Good morning sunshine.” He said standing up and walking to my side helping me to the stairs.

“You’re here early.” I commented looking over my shoulder at him. He paused a moment thinking.

“Not early, just on time.” Puck replied and I had to admit that wasn’t the answer I was expecting. I didn’t say anything after that nor did Puck. He just offered his open arms to me and I went right into them not wanting to be reluctant anymore. Hey if he was going to offer I should take it. He carried me down the stairs without a problem and set me on my feet as soon as he touched the bottom. Well I can’t say Puck didn’t learn anything within the last two weeks. As a matter of fact He learned a lot I would say.

“Breakfast?” I said raising my eyebrow as Puck pulled a chair out for me to sit down. The table was set for two and there was cereal and some fruit waiting as well. My parents and brothers were gone already, which I knew. I was going to be running a little late if Puck didn’t drive like a bat out of hell. I didn’t care though. I had an excuse to use.

“Yea, I thought it might be nice.” Puck said rubbing the back of his head looking a little embarrassed. I smiled and hugged him halfway.

“It’s awesome.” I said sitting down and he pushed me closer to the table like a gentleman would. He sat down across from me.