Chapter 42

Chapter 43

 A couple weeks flew by like nothing. I was no longer referred to as ‘Savannah the super hot cheerio’ but instead as ‘Savvy the dorky glee clubber’ I didn’t mind of course. Sure I got a couple of slushies but hey, I wasn’t the type to take it lying down. Yes. I slushied a few of the footballers a couple of times. They deserved it and I wasn’t going to let them just do what they wanted to me without consequences. I was now thought in reverence in glee club. No one had ever really tried that before making me like a saint to them. Which I clearly am NO saint.

 I had explained everything to Kate and Michaela who understood my dilemma and welcomed me back with open arms. So far everything was panning out. That is until I crossed Puck in the hallway. Ever since we sang “I Told You So” things have gotten a little more… real again? I wasn’t sure how to put it but it wasn’t easily hidden in either of us. But alas, he had Lauren, the wrestling beast and I had Jesse, the caring, wonderful guy who I could NEVER hurt. Or ever would even think of hurting. It was complicated, but my own stupid heart made it that way. Puck just couldn’t get out of it. I really did care for Jesse, I did. He was everything a girl could want in a guy. Devoted, honest, loving. Plus he saved me from the wrath of Fuller. Speaking of Fuller, he’s back to school again. I’m just waiting for him to do something else stupid so he can get kicked out completely. We have only passed each other once or twice when I go to watch Jesse practice football or something. I think he’s smarted up a bit. Now Danica on the other hand. I had barely seen her at all. I couldn’t help but get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I thought of the last thing she told me. 

I’m telling you now Savannah, you are going to get what’s coming to you.”  What was that supposed to mean? Knowing Danica though, it could have meant any number of things. She creeped me out to say the least. I had no idea what she could be doing. Hopefully her being angry at me was just a fling. I pray. Seriously, I didn’t even do anything to her. I’ve always treated as best as I could… up until she started getting on me of course. I sighed and leaned against my locker looking at my phone. Oh well, what could I do? Valentine’s Day was coming up and I was racking my brain thinking of something to get Jesse. I wanted it to be something that showed him how much he meant to me. How much I appreciated him being there for me. Maybe I could sing a song for him? Yea, a song would be great! Now I just have to choose the right one. I thought silently.

“Maybe Mercedes could help. She has great taste in music.” I mused flipping open my phone and writing her a quick text. Opening my locker I smiled at the picture of Jesse and I that my mom had taken a couple weeks back. We looked happy. Jesse held my hand to his chest and I was laughing about something.

 It was a cute picture. My mom loved it. She really loved Jesse too. She and dad both. He was such a sweetheart. I touched it gently before reaching in to grab my schoolbook. Yes, singing to him would be very fitting. Just then my phone buzzed. I opened Mercedes’ reply.

“Smthing frm ur <3”

Oh come on. That was it? Some help she was. I tapped my finger to my head thoughtfully. I got it! ‘No One’ By Alicia Keys. Yes, that would be a perfect song. It was a strong way of telling him that I was his girl and no one else’s. I knew he would like it. I hummed to myself happily walking down the hallway. School was just about over when Puck appeared out of nowhere. I couldn’t talk to him. It would be too easy for me to fall again.

“Hey Puck. Bye Puck.” I started to move quicker so not to get caught with him. I was Jesse’s girl. I didn’t feel like slapping myself on the hand every time I talked to Puck and got all caught up in my passed emotions. I felt like I was betraying Jesse. And I was sick of myself for doing it. I had to stay away from Puck. That was the only answer.