Glee's Finest (A Puck Love Story. Or is it?) Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The rest of the party was quite amazing. Puck and I danced a couple a times while no one other than Stella my coolest cousin sang for us. She always had a good voice and Puck mentioned that he wished she could join his glee club. He said that for every pretty girl who had the remote potential for a voice. When the party finally ended we said our sad goodbyes to our family and headed home. Puck and I sat in the front this time so the boys could sleep on the way home, which they did immediately. Mom and dad talked to each other about what people said and how they thought it went down while Puck and I just looked at each other. We knew what each other was feeling but there was no way either of us would admit it. Stubbornness was one of my many flaws and his too apparently. Our eyes searched each other’s faces as if we would see what we wanted but then again, we were both actors. Before I knew what was up we were home and Puck was sent off with a thanks. I didn’t get to say goodnight to him but that was probably a good thing. I was in a daze as I went to bed running over all the events the day had through my mind.

“Oh Puck…” I trailed off drifting into a deep sleep.

*********

The next morning I woke up to a hand brushing my face softly. I smiled knowing who those fingers belonged to.

“Good morning sunshine.” Puck said with a smirk.  I sat up slightly rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

“Good morning. What are you doing here?” I asked stretching my arms out. The memory of my amazing dream about Puck was still fresh in my mind and to have him here sitting on the edge of my bed was even better.

“It is our last day together so I figured we could go do something. Anything you want we’ll do.” Puck said sitting back so I could pull the covers off.

“Really? That sounds great! Let me get dressed real quick.” I spoke pulling myself off of the bed holding onto Puck’s hand for support. He looked even better today than he had any other day.

A t-shirt and a pair of jeans covered his muscle bound body while his Mohawk was just as precisely cut to his head like always. His blue/green eyes were stunning against the morning light as they watched me softly. I walked not even worrying about my crutch to my dresser and took out a shirt then moved to the closet and grabbed a skirt to match. The cast still caused problems as far as jeans and long pants went so I was still stuck wearing shorts and skirts.

“Be back in a second.” I said walking into the bathroom and locking the door. I was finally able to breath normally but my still shaking hands rested against the counter.

“I never thought- Not him.” I whispered to myself so he couldn’t hear me. I made myself look presentable and opened the door to see Puck sitting at my piano playing slowly.

“You play piano too?!” I exclaimed with utter surprise. He looked up at me with a raised eyebrow.

“That I do. Although I am better at guitar my mom made me take piano lessons for about 5 years.” Puck shrugged like it was nothing. Really, how much more about him didn’t I know?

“Interesting. Ready to go?” I asked with a quick smile reaching over and grabbing my purse/backpack. He stood up and offered me his arm, which I obviously took.

“Only if you are.” He said heading towards the door and opening it for me. I stopped at the threshold and looked into his eyes.

“Definitely.” I replied squeezing his hand while he picked me up to carry me down the stairs. He didn’t have to do it anymore but I let him anyway. If he wanted to then might as well let him. After saying goodbye to my parents we headed out. We spent the whole day together doing random fun things and ended it off by going to the fair together. It was the most fun I probably have had in my entire life, mainly because I was doing it with the guy I loved. Puck treated me like a queen and the most important person in his life quite obviously making me love him more. I racked my brain all day to think of something I could give to him as a fair well present when it hit me. I would sing for him and I knew the perfect song too. The whole day was like a dream. I couldn’t imagine a better way to spend our last day together. Puck was an angel when he wanted to be. By the time we got home it was almost 9:00, which took us both by surprise because it felt like only an hour or so. We headed up to my room where I put my photo booth pictures of us on my desk and my stuffed animal he gave me on my bed.