Chapter 47

Chapter 48

 My face was all in the news again the next day and like the day before I just threw it in the trash. Seriously? They were getting even worse as the days went by. When I first joined glee people had treated me differently. You know, like dirt under their feet. Now, they walk on eggshells when I walk by. So my fight with Danica gave me a reputation as a bully. If it kept her away from me then heck to the yes I wouldn’t mind that title. But thankfully she and Jesse stayed clear of me and I barely saw them at all, so all it took was one beating. Sweet.

“Ok guys! It’s time to announce the winner of this weeks Diva off!” Mr. Schue smiled at all of us. Almost everyone was smiling besides me. It really didn’t matter anymore. Sure it would be cool to win but I was still down from the last couple days. Rachel looked at me from across the room. I wasn’t sure what the expression was, but it wasn’t her normal scowl.

“And the winner is…” Mr. Schue trailed off so Finn could drum the intro making me crack a smile.

“Savvy!” Mr. Schue announced and everyone clapped. I looked around a little weary. Whoa, I won?

“Wow, thanks guys!” I smiled at them all feeling proud.

“It was pretty close there. You won by only one vote.” Mr. Schue mused looking over the cards. I knew who it was. My eyes drifted over to Rachel. I didn’t hesitate in walking right up to her and hugging her.

“Thank you.” I whispered in her ear. She seemed stiff at first, weary of my move but she gladly hugged me back.

“You’re one of us now. Besides, your song was impressive, although I still like Barbra better.” She said wiping a piece of hair out of her face after we pulled away. I smiled.

“Fair enough.” I said taking my seat. That made my day. Maybe Rachel and I could be friends after all.

*****************

 At school for the next few weeks I didn’t talk to Puck. I’m sure he and I both thought it best to stay away from each other in a desperate attempt to not give in. Well, at least that was what it was like on my end. He and Lauren were still going out and it still hurt to see him with someone else. Especially seeing that someone else was still horribly rude to me. I’m not trying to pat myself on the back but if I wanted him I could have taken her boyfriend. Scratch that, I wanted him, I just wasn’t going to do that, no matter how bad she was.

  We were currently working on a set list for nationals coming up soon. I was excited about going to New York but I wasn’t exactly excited about having to see Puck and Lauren together for an entire weekend. Sure I knew I was doing the right thing but it didn’t mean I still wasn’t in pain. Not by a long shot. A former glee clubber, Kurt Hummel had transferred back from The Warblers. I had seen him around before but we never really spoke or anything.

“So isn’t you transferring back to McKinley after we won at Regionals against your team kind of being a turn coat?” I asked him when we were all dispersing from glee club. He laughed as well as Mercedes who was standing on my other side.

“I never thought of it that way. I suppose I am.” He said shrugging and looking thoughtful.

“Don’t even worry about it Kurt. We’re happy to have you back.” Mercedes piped in and I smiled.

“The more the merrier.” I agreed shouldering my bag as Tina and Mike joined us.

“You all know we’re going to kick the competition’s butts right?” I paused looking around the small group grinning.

“You know it!” Mercedes and Tina chimed in together and the others hollered back. We all started laughing.

“I’ll see you guys after the song.” I waved to the group dashing into the auditorium where I was supposed to meet Rachel. Sure she and I weren’t buddy buddy yet but she and I decided that the best way to start was to do a duet together. “In His Eyes” from Jekyll and Hyde, if you can’t tell it is one of my favorite musicals not to mention it was one of my favorite songs, which was nice of her to agree to.