Chapter 39

Chapter 39

I held my sides feeling a cramp begin to form. Man, if I thought soccer was bad cheerleading was 10 times worse. Kudos to all of those girls who did this because they wanted to. Or maybe I was out of shape, but with dance I really shouldn’t be.

“That was horrible! Run it again!” Coach Sylvester shouted through her megaphone. I groaned and returned to my position. As much as I was on protest the cheerleading expo thingy was in 2 days and we had double the work we did before. It was tiring but hey, it made me pretty popular so I was ok with it. The worst part was that Santana was still on top of me in the cheerio pyramid which was seriously making me angry. Obviously she and Quinn were the ‘chosen’ by Coach Sylvester but I was a WAY better dancer than her. Maybe the reason it bother me so much was becuase the guy I was in love with cheated on me with her. Yea, that sounds about right. I took my stance and the music began to play. “California Gurls” by Katy Perry. I personally had my own idea of what we should do but Sue Sylvester had her way no matter what anyone said. I performed my part, in rhythm, in sync, and if I may say so myself quite masterfully and yet Coach Sylvester yelled again.

“Mason! Put your back into it!” I was getting annoyed. No one told me to do something I was already doing.

“I’m on it! Jeez!” I shouted back putting my hands on my hips. All the other girls looked at me like I was nuts.

“What did you just say to me missy?” Sylvester said standing up from her chair and walking over to me with a scowl on her face. She didn’t scare me. What was the worst she could do? Tell my secret? There was a chance she was going to do it anyway.

“You heard me.” I retorted fixing my ponytail grateful my hair was now long enough to fit.

“Yes I did Mason. You better watch it or I’ll have you running so many tumbles you won’t even be able to see straight.” She said getting into my face giving me a threatening look.

“I’m shaking in my sneakers.” I replied unmoved. She just glared at me for a moment before standing back up and walking back to her chair.

“Do it again! I want to win here!” Coach shouted into her megaphone again and despite all of the shocked faces we all got back to it. Whew, that was a close one. And so that was the way cheerios practice went for me, two hours a day everyday. Definitely not my first choice but I dealt with it fairly well now. Being forced to do something for over a month will do that to you.            

            I walked to my bike later that day with my cheerios bag and school bag in tow.

“Hey Savannah.” I heard an all too familiar voic behind me say. Danica. Turning slowly around I could only pray she was willing to play nice. I had tried to talk to her before, explain that I didn’t steal her boyfriend. At least, if I did, not on purpose. She wouldn’t listen of course and now she was my ‘self proclaimed’ enemy.

“Danica. What’s new?” I asked putting on the voice I had used with her before we were in this feud. Her longer blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she wore her soccer jersey.

“I see you’ve finally chosen your true colors.” She said looking at my cheerios uniform. I rolled my eyes irritated.

“Don’t pretend you haven’t noticed me wearing this for over a month now.” I replied putting my hand on my hip impatiently. She scoffed.

“Who wouldn’t? Just like you to parade yourself around like you own the world. But I’m telling you now Savannah, you are going to get what’s coming to you.” Danica said getting in my face like Coach Sylvester did earlier. What the heck was she talking about? If there was one thing Danica didn’t do well it was saying what was on her mind, clearly.