Glee's Finest (A Puck Love Story. Or is it?) Chapter 4

Chapter 4

  “Oh my God! I can’t believe you actually did it! This is epic!” Kate nearly yelled when she showed up at my locker Monday morning. I jumped at the sound but caught my scream.

“Shhh!” I whispered looking around. Who knows who is listening.

“Oh come on Savannah. You should shout it to the world. You are amazing! Especially when you and Jesse were singing together. I thought I was going to faint!” Kate exclaimed as we began out route to Spanish together. I was grinning ear to ear as I remembered Jesse’s face while we sang.

“I know, I was going to faint too. Good thing I didn’t.” My eyes widened at the thought. That would be more than just a little embarrassing.

“Oh it was fantastic. I am going to put it on Youtube. It's gonna be a hit!” Kate fantasized pulling out her recorder.

“Go ahead. Just use my nickname. I don’t mind.” I pulled out my headphones preparing to listen to my theme music for school. “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera. Kate had run on ahead to go say hi to one of her computer club friends. I smiled watching her go. She was so sweet. I couldn’t imagine not having her around all the time. It was hard enough keeping my secret. At least I could spill the beans to one person.
“Hey Savannah. What! you decided not to dress up for me today?” Puck asked right into my ear. I got goose bumps he was so close. I tensed and I heard him chuckle as I turned around to face him. He, Kate, and I had Spanish with Mr. Schuester together. If I knew he was taking it too I would have chosen French. Although it was the only one we had together that much I could be thankful for.

“No, Puck I didn’t. I decided that you weren’t worth it. Sorry.” I replied wondering what was wrong with my green gym shorts, jersey with high socks and sneakers. This was the normal way I dressed. Personally I preferred something a little more sophisticated but this was what my “other self” dressed like. I considered myself an actress so this is what I had to do in order to perform the greatest role ever!

“Oh come on. Every chick thinks I am worth it.” Puck teased walking beside me into the classroom. Come on Kate hurry up.

“Well this one doesn’t. Sorry but not every girl falls for your player ways.” I said sitting down in my seat. Unfortunately his was right behind mine.

“You don’t mean that.” Puck was sure of himself. I turned around after almost slamming my book on the desk.

“Of course I mean that! I mean every word I say!” I ground out so as to not lose control.
“We’ll see.” Puck leaned across his desk looking at me with a smirk. How annoying.

“You like me. Just admit it.” Puck continued after I crossed my arms facing forward again. I lifted my hands in defeat.

“Why are you obsessed with thinking I like you? It is soooo 6th grade.” I shook my head trying to concentrate on today’s lesson.

“I am just trying to figure you out is all. You’re an enigma.” Puck rested his chin on his hand watching me appraisingly. Everyone is trying to figure me out. What is the deal?

“Keep trying.” I whispered as Mr. Schuester began his lesson just as Kate came through the door. Spanish wasn’t my forte and when Mr. Schuester asked me to recite the words “Can I be of some help to you” I fumbled through making the class laugh.

“Could I be of some assistance Mr. Schue?” Puck asked raising his hand. I glared down at him. He was just going to make fun of me too.

“Go ahead Puck.” Mr. Shu smiled motioning with his hand.