Glee's Finest (A Puck Love Story. Or is it?) Chapter 11

Chapter 11

 I racked my brain that entire night trying to find away around it. Everyone kept asking what was wrong because I looked a little pale. Even Puck seemed concerned. I obviously told them I was fine. Once I was able to get my mother alone I told her what had happened. She actually seemed pleased of all things! I honestly couldn’t think of a single way to get out of it. I was screwed. After Puck left I spent the rest of the time playing piano. I hadn’t practiced in about three weeks. It felt good to get back to it but the thought of tomorrow scared me. What if he told people? There was no way I could convince him of not telling anyone. Especially when Mr. Shue had been looking for me to join glee. It would boost their club up for sure. How was this going to work out? I went to bed after getting my piano books and stuff together for my debut in front of Puck tomorrow. I went to bed but had a restless sleep.

 The next morning Puck was over when I finally rolled out of bed. I called for my mother and she (which still grossed me out) had to help me take a shower.

“So you are finally going to do it. I am glad someone will know about your amazing gift.” My mom said while I rinsed my hair out from the soap.

“Well I didn’t really have a choice. I couldn’t disappoint them down there again. Who knows what day will be there last.” It always made me sad to think like that but it was true.

“Either way, I am going to be very glad.” My mom sounded quite chipper and I sighed.

“Good thing one of us gets out wish.” I commented shutting off the water and stepping into a towel my mom help out for me. She rubbed my back like she used to do when I was just a little girl.

“I am very proud of you honey. You will do great today.” She gave me one last hug before leaving so I could get dressed. I hope you are right mom. I went through my closet and picked out a purple shirt with a belt and a black-tiered skirt with some flats and a beret. I always made sure I looked presentable when I was performing no matter where or who to. I dried my hair and straightened it applying minimal make-up. I sighed and picked up my bag heading down stairs. I stopped at the top of the staircase realizing that if someone were to walk by while I was sliding they could probably see my underwear. Perfect.

“Hey Puck? You there?” I asked in a louder voice just in case he was talking or in the kitchen. It was only a moment before he was around the corner looking as… appealing as ever. His eyes widened at the sight of me but returned to their normal ‘so what?’ look.

“What’s the occasion?” Puck seemed curious as he bounded up the stairs in no time standing beside me in less than a moment. I could smell his ‘Axe’ cologne and I found myself enjoying it for the first time.

“You and I have somewhere to go today.” I replied wrapping my arms around his neck as he carried me down the stairs like we had done at school everyday. He nodded but I could see the glint of desire in his eyes. He was still Puck; there was no doubt about that. He had just given up chasing after me was all. When he put me down I slipped and dropped one of my crutches. I went to go grab it when a hand rested on my lower back. I shot up immediately taken by surprise by the touch. Puck’s tan and perfectly shaped hand reached down for me and picked it up handing it to me. His hand was now gone from my back and he just moved on like nothing had happened. I felt heat rise in my face. Was I seriously blushing? I shook my head and decided it was nerves. I followed Puck into the kitchen where the rest of the family was. The look on my dad’s face clearly expressed that he knew what was going to happen. Even the boys looked like the knew. It was only Puck who seemed normal.

“So what time will you be back?” Dad asked eating his waffle. I sat down beside Puck (because it was the only empty seat) and grabbed a waffle picking at it here and there.