Epilogue

Epilogue

 Not only did my team and I (sadly missing a few members including my boyfriend) go to Nationals and beat Vocal Adrenaline but we won the whole thing under my fantastic lead. Puck went to college for a semester before he couldn’t stand it and dropped out to be hired by my uncle Roddy working in the Majestic Theater. I had no idea how we did it but the both of us managed to keep our long distance relationship until I myself graduated and traveled to New York. Everything was uphill from there for me. My career was spiking and I found myself on the covers of magazines and in the spotlight almost 24/7. Puck went on to being a producer and making his own CDs and soon he was a heartthrob, which I obviously saw coming.

 Michaela and Kate both went to college and Kate worked for Mac enjoying every second of her job. Michaela went on to government and with some will power and some friends with influence she became governor of Ohio. Jesse and I had our occasional roles on Broadway together but we hardly ever came in contact other than onstage. He was pretty well known but really nothing special. I never saw Danica again and frankly I was happier for it. The last I heard was that she was a waitress in Alabama or something. She and Jesse had broken up, I knew they weren’t going to last. No relationship works based off of cruelty.

Speaking of relationships I bet you all are wanting to know what happened with Puck and I. Well just like every good story ends, he and I were married three years after I graduated high school. We had somehow worked it out and he never cheated on me again. When we finally were able to do it together Puck said I was well worth waiting for. Who knew he could be so romantic?

*********

Puck and I were sitting side by side in our New York Penthouse waiting for the interview to begin. To think that six years ago he and I were bitter enemies but look at us now.
“So Noah, or should I call you ‘Puck’?” Christine Saunders asked taking her seat from across the coffee table.
“Either or works for me, Savannah is usually the only one who calls me Puck anymore. It sounds good to hear again.” My husband said smiling his dashing smile at me.
“Puck it is then. So how is it like to be the new musical power couple? They call you the Brad and Angelina of Broadway it would seem.” Christine got right to it adjusting in her chair.
“Power couple huh? That’s new to us.” Puck laughed wrapping his arm around my shoulder lovingly.
“But I suppose people get their kicks by watching us then let them. We’re just doing what we love.” He continued and I nodded unable to put it better if I wanted to.
“You to appear to really be in love, how did that happen? Were you high school sweetheart?” She pried further turning from her notebook to us and back again.
“To be honest Christine, Puck and I hated each other in high school. He did his best to get on my nerves every chance he could and I annoyed him by not falling for him like every other girl did. It wasn’t a ‘normal’ relationship at all in the beginning.” I answered this time smiling at the memory.
“So when did you realize you loved each other?” She asked with that inquisitive reporter attitude.
“Well, in Puck’s senior year we had actually gone out for a while but thanks to some mistakes we broke up.” I shrugged reliving the pain I had felt in my mind. Thank God it was all done with now.
“Mistakes?” Christine looked curious. I wasn’t going to say exactly what happened so when I opened my mouth to speak Puck started instead.
“It was me being a jerk and not knowing what I had. Trust me, it was THE worst screw up I ever had.” He sighed clearly tortured at his stupidness.
“Neither of us were truly ready to realize we had found our soul mates so when we did break up it was extremely hard on the both of us. I turned into someone I obviously wasn’t and started dating another guy to help get passed it even though I never truly would.”
“And I just started going out with every girl I could find hoping to get someone half of what she was. That certainly wasn’t going to happen.” Puck added resting his hand on my leg and looked me straight in the eyes.
“It took a while, a long painful while, but eventually we both knew for sure that we weren’t going to move on. Once love has you, it doesn’t go away.” I smile up at him madly and deeply in love with every word he said.
“After that I went to work for her uncle eventually finding my way into music production and when she graduated she went straight to Broadway. A few more years asked while we kept on strong and I was able to grow some enough to ask her to marry me. That was about three years ago now and now we have the future to face. Together.” Puck finished our story giving me the same loving look he had given me for years.
“Puck, some sources say that when you saw Savannah walking down the aisle you cried. Is that true?” Christine asked seeming a little more personable and interested. My husband and I both laughed.
“More like ‘teared up’ but yes I did. I remember thinking, ‘Is this really happening? Man you are the luckiest guy in the world. I’m actually marrying the perfect woman.’” I had never heard him talk about that before and my heart melted.
“That is just so precious.” Christine commented touching her heart. “If I were you Savannah I’d kiss him right about now.” She shook her head with a small forlorn sigh.
“Don’t mind if I do.” I chuckled leaning in and kissing him slowly to savor his sweet lips. If anyone was lucky it was me.
“To finish up, do you two love birds have any plans for the future other than building your careers?” Christine asked shutting her book and crossing her legs. Noah and I stood up hearing the soft cries of two very important people and went to go pick them up.
“Between that and raising these two,” I said sitting down with my baby girl Victoria in my arms while Puck held our son Jacob the same way. Our twins were the most important people, aside from my husband to me. I pulled her close, I looked back over at our guest.
“I think our new goal is to be as happy as possible. And so far, it’s working.”