Glee's Finest (A Puck Love Story. Or is it?) Chapter 22

Chapter: 22

Things settled down a little bit with the party so Puck and I played some instrumental music for the background while we took a break. I was more than a little nervous taking in every look, touch and thought of him. I was actually in love with him. The one thing in the world I thought I never would do I did. He was everything I wanted in a guy. This new Puck that I know was perfect in every possible way. I saw him in a whole new light and my whole world turned upside down within a matter of seconds.

  Puck and I grabbed some drinks and headed out on the clubhouse’s balcony overlooking the golf course. It really was gorgeous. The green grass was perfectly cut and the trees were swaying beautifully in the breeze. I smiled and leaned against the railing taking a sip from my coke.

“This is just so pretty.” I commented looking out at the scenery.

“Yea it is.” Puck said from beside me and I glanced over at him to see his eye focused on my face. I blushed realizing his meaning brushing my hair out of my face.

“Your classic lines won’t work on me.” I smirked tearing our gazes apart so as not to let him know they actually did work. Laughing quietly Puck sighed for a brief moment.

“Let’s sit.” I suggested trying to break the obvious tension between us. He helped me sit down with my back against the balcony. Pulling my knee length royal blue and navy blue dress down I looked around quickly while he situated himself beside me so we could face the party.

“You know, I always imagined that I would find a love like theirs. It just seems so amazing, they have been married for years and years and are still as happy as when they first got married. I have never seen anyone so devoted to their spouse as they are. That is what I always wanted.” I spoke without even checking my words. Pulling my legs up to my chest I rested my head against them watching my grandparents as they sat together at a table looking at each other with lovey dovey motions.

“Any man lucky enough to have you would be a fool not to love you that much.” Puck replied looking over at me and then my Nana and Grampy. I smiled slightly and shrugged.

“Part of me is weary of that. You know how it goes. At first it is all awesome and we are so in love and then… the fights. I don’t know. It just seems like a love like that is a once in a blue moon thing. Not everyone finds it like they did. Too good to be true you know?” I said messing with the strap on my cast.

“You’re right. It has to be one tamed guy to have you Savannah.” Puck chuckled sipping his drink. I playfully slapped his arm.

“You meanie.” I commented laughing with him. I stretched my legs out again moving my head back and forth to the music.

“So tomorrow is our last day together huh.” I mused secretly dreading those words. No more Puck, no more times together. I would surely miss it.

“Yea. No more high maintenance girl. No problems.” Puck said relaxing and putting his hands behind his head.

“Oh shut up Puckerman.” I hung my head trying to hold in my laughter. His arm wrapped around my shoulder.

“I’m just kidding. It wasn’t that bad.” Puck said raising his eyebrow at me rubbing my arm up and down.

“Yep I agree. Sure you are a jerk and a badass, and a player, and a moron but we had some good times.” I admitted watching my family spending time together inside.

“Oh I see how it is. And burn baby burn!” Puck exclaimed with a smile but laughing anyway.

“Just being honest.” I shrugged making a funny face.