chapter 31

Chapter 31

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to see my one true lover. The one who made my life complete if not only for a little while. Puck gave me the up down in surprise seeing my new appearance. He above everyone else knew that is was definitely not me.

“Savannah, is that you?” He repeated furrowing his eyebrows. I couldn’t tear my eyes off of his face. No one held me like he had, no one. I opened my mouth to speak only to find my throat was completely dry.

“Come on Savannnah. Pull yourself together.” I thought to myself raising my head high and clearing my throat.

“It’s good to see you too Puck.” I hissed out pretending we were back to the way we were before my leg was broken. He looked shocked at my coldness.

“Are you ok?” He asked stepping closer and I took a step back. Jacob stood with wide eyes and camera rolling hoping to get a good piece here.

“I’ve never been better.” I lied but tried to sound genuine. Puck’s eyes scanned my face searching and probing for something. The pressure I felt in my head was almost too much to handle.

“Yes you have.” He answered holding his hands up in peace. I knew if he touched me that would be too much for my heart to take. I shook my head.

“And you would know that how?” I scoffed and turned to my locker to break the hold. I would never hate him, but I could get angry like I was now.

“What happened to you? You’re different. Over summer you just fell off the face of the map. I tried to find you but you’re parents said you went to spend time with your relatives. I thought about going to your grandparents but decided you probably wanted space. I need to talk you to. I need to explain wha-” It was getting too much. The old feelings were getting a little too overwhelming. I had to stop this before I fell again.

“Puck, cut it out. There is nothing to talk about. I’ve changed for the better and you. You remain the same. Just the way it’s supposed to be. Now if you’ll excuse me.” I replied trying to take my books and run but he held out his arm so I couldn’t. He was getting agitated I could tell by the way his arms tensed and how he kept looking around.

“Savannah, stop. We aren’t done. You have to hear me out.” Puck’s head was lowered in anger, which just fueled my rage.

“We are done. We were done months ago. I was just the last one to see it.” I spat back pushing past him.

“Goodbye Puck.” I spoke over my shoulder even though it hurt me to talk to him like that.

“Wow, that is the most tension I have ever seen or felt in my entire three years at McKinley High.” I could Jacob faintly say into the camera and a loud exclamation of a not so pretty word along with a bang of a fist against the locker let me know exactly how pissed Puck was. It serves him right. I headed to Trigonometry reminding myself that I had to be strong.

“That wasn’t too horrible.” I spoke to myself taking me seat to the back of the class. Puck certainly was surprised to see me like this and for good reason. I never liked this role. Hey, even the great actors and actresses play parts they don’t like. It is all for good reason.

“Savannah. Ashley. Mason. Never in my life.” I looked up startled to see Jesse Andrew James looking down at me clad in his usual waistcoat and jeans with a smirk on his super attractive face.

“Hi Jesse!” I exclaimed reaching up and hugging him. I did that for two reasons. 1. I was actually glad to see him because Jesse was always sweet to me. And 2. So everyone in class could see I was ‘moved on’ from Puck. Jesse seemed a little weirded out at first when I hugged him but gladly took it and ran with it wrapping his arms around me and nearly squeezing me to death.