Glee's Finest (A Puck Love Story. Or is it?) Chapter 19

Chapter 19

 Puck and I didn’t talk about the kiss again. We thought it best to leave it there. Unfortunately though, I didn’t. Constantly that day I found myself thinking about it. Not fair. Every I saw Puck looking at me I started to feel embarrassed. What is going on? This is definitely not like me. Especially when Puck was involved. Then again, he has changed and so have I.

  Puck and I were sitting on the couch together watching my favorite TV show NCIS later that night. Ben and Kyle were spending the night at their friend Lucas’s house so Puck and I were alone. The phone started ringing and Puck got up with a sigh so I wouldn't have to. I smiled at his kindness thinking back over the past two and a half weeks we had spent together. For the first two weeks we had completely hated each other. However, now that he knows my secret I don't hate him. As a matter of fact he and I are great friends. It was all an issue of not understanding each other. We connected over music and from that time on we have been inseparable. Now that Puck knew my secret I was free to be myself and he was free to be who he wanted to be around me. It was a win, win scenario. Puck answered the phone politely like I commanded he should if he answered out phone. Nowadays he was pretty good at listening. I turned down the volume on the TV when I heard him speaking to my mom.

"Yes Mrs. Mason. I sure will. Yep, see you then. Bye." He said hanging the phone on the hook and joining me on the couch again. He kept his distance like I had warned him about and my eyes darted from the TV to his face. My parents were out going over some last minute plans for my Nana and Grampy’s anniversary with a couple of my aunts and uncles. (Nana and Grampy is what I always called my grandparents.)

"So what's up?" I asked. His eyes never left the TV.

"Well, your parents are running late and they need you to make dinner." Puck spoke coolly and I sighed.

"Alright. I might as well check to see what we have." I said tossing the controller to him and picked up my crutch. He flipped the power off and helped hoist me off the couch.

"Thanks," I commented as he and I walked to the kitchen.

"Just doing my job." He replied carelessly. The pain in my leg was receding and soon it would be all right for me to walk on without even the one crutch. That's when my time with Puck would be over. The thought almost saddened me. I would miss not spending every waking moment with him. Now that I understood him better he wasn't such a jerk or a loser. Could part of me actual like him? I shook my head pushing the thought out. No way, Puck and I are far too different.

"Any luck?" I asked as I glanced through the fridge and Puck the freezer.

"All I see is some pie crust, frozen veggies, leftovers, and some odd bagged thing." Puck said pulling out some mystery package and I made a grossed out look making him laugh. I tapped the handle of the fridge thinking of the possibilities.

"Wait, you said pie crust right?" I said pulling out some chicken broth and left over chicken from a couple nights ago. He looked at the things in my hand and nodded.

"Yea, here it is." He said pulling it out and tossing it onto the counter along with what was in my arms like a gentleman would do.

"We, my dear Puck, are going to make a chicken pot pie. One of my favorite meals in the entire world!" I said clapping my hands at my brilliantness. Puck leaned against the counter watching me with his usual humor filled gaze.

"What?" I asked pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"Nothing. Just thinking to myself. Now, what do we need to do?" He turned towards me seeming rather eager to help.