Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Puck and I sat there content in each other’s arms for a good five minutes or so. The moment was far too special to ruin. Puck kissed the base of my neck over and over again almost like he found someone he had thought he lost before or something. I got butterflies every time his smooth lips met my skin. This must have been heaven if not then it was close enough. Puck pulled back to look at my face.

“Savannah, you don’t know how good it is to hear that. I’ve wanted you for over a year. But now, my want for you is different than it was. Before I just wanted to do it with you. Because I had to admit you were one smoking freshman last year. Now, I just want to be with you forever. I don’t want to ever leave you for anything. Nothing will ever come between what I feel for you. Nothing.” Puck spoke passionately and even with the hint of a tear in his eye. “Savannah, will you be my girlfriend?” He asked taking my hand in his beautiful one. My heart was beating a mile a minute but nothing would stop me from almost screaming “YES!!” and hugging him tighter than ever.

“I love you Puck. And I am not sure how it happened, but it did. You changed me.” I admitted moving my hand back and forth across his Mohawk. His smile brightened even more than it was and he picked me up and spun me around once.

“I don’t ever remember being this happy. Well maybe when I had my first beer.” Puck chuckled wrapping his arms around my back and holding me closely. I laughed lightly resting my head against his chest and closing my eyes content to just sit there like we were. Before I knew what was up Puck started singing. It only took me the first 3 words to know what the song was. It was one of my favorite songs ever. I thought I was the only one who listened to old love songs but I guess I wasn’t.

(Just so you guys know, Savannah’s voice sounds like a mixture of Katharine McPhee’s and Linda Eder’s.)

Puck:

 Wise men say

‘Only fools rush in’

But I can't help falling in love with you

Me:

Shall I say would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows 

Puck:

Surely To the sea (Oooh)

Both:

Darling so it goes

Puck:

Some things are meant to be

Me:

are meant to be

Both:

Puck: Take my hand (me: take my hand)

Take my whole life too 

For I can't help falling in love with you

Me:

When I fall in love…

Both:

Some things

Puck: