chapter 48

Chapter 48

  If I had only one thing to look forward to in my near future it was Nationals. New York would be exciting enough but for us to be competing against glee clubs from other states would be twice as amazing. Kate and Michaela had come over as well as a couple of girls from glee to gush about it and tell me we were going to be amazing and all of that jazz, it was good to keep my mind off of certain matters, you know what I’m talking about. Now all we had to do was write our songs. Original songs like what Rachel wrote in Regionals is what Mr. Schue wanted. It wasn’t going to be easy and if there was one musical skill I totally lacked in it would be actually writing music. To be honest I sucked royally. People had acted like nothing happened with Lauren and I, thank God I wasn’t in the news yet again. I can see it now.

“Savannah Mason, No Luck in Love” Yea, totally fitting. I was managing pretty well, or so I thought. Sure every time I turn a corner there’s another couple making out or I see Jesse’s ugly mug but I’ve become somewhat numb to the loneliness. I still yearn for Puck every day and the memory of what nearly happened replayed in my mind constantly, but yet that was the key word. Nearly. I had to eventually come to grips with the fact that Puck and I couldn’t be. Not with Lauren running things the way she wanted to. It didn’t help that everyone I knew was pushing me towards it. It made my resilience and reluctance wear down a bit. All I had to do was remember that I was doing the right thing, no matter how much it hurt me. And trust me, it didn’t hurt anyone more than it hurt me for this to happen. I made my way down the hall of school a little more down than usual. Like I said I was constantly around my friends and their boyfriends or I saw it everywhere. When something bothers you it just seems to stick out more than usual don’t you think? I had my earbuds in to try and tune out the sound of the mindless drabble around me. Ever since Puck and I had that… time together things kind of lost their luster for me. The fact that I couldn’t have Puck even though I wanted him killed my joy. I thought once I joined glee club I would be better and that was true for a while. But now, everything was back to the black and white doldrums they were before. I know, I know, there are so many kids out there who are far worse off than me but I can’t help it. I love him. I love him with everything within me. It took me a long time but I finally know that with everything I am it would mean nothing if he wasn’t there. I can’t think of being with any other guy, I can barely even look at Johnny Depp as much as I used to. It was him. And it will always be him, no matter what. When I have a problem, he’s the one I go to to help me through it. When I need a shoulder to cry on, his is the one I have. When I’m down he lifts me up. He was made for me. Sure I know his reputation, by now mine isn’t the best either but I don’t care. To be completely honest if he cheated on me again I’d probably forgive him. I just wanted him back. He was my world. When I look into his eyes all of my problems melted away. When I was in his arms I felt like I was home. He was my everything, my love; forever and always.

“Savvy!” Mickey and Kate exclaimed running up behind me and hugging me tightly. I smiled hugging them back as best as I could from the awkward angle I was in.

“Hey kids!” I chuckled pulling away to look at them. They beamed at me like they always did. It was such a relief to see them.

“How are you guys today?” I asked walking with them towards our classes. Mickey shrugged happily.

“I’m doing fantabulous!” She took a pose quickly making Kate and I laugh.

“I’m doing good too. I got an A+ in my Computer Coarse and let me tell you, I was the only one to do it.” Kate lifted her chin proudly but couldn’t help smiling.

“Woah, way to go Katie!” I fist pumped then high fived her. They made me feel better just because they were so bubbly and cheerful all the time. It rubbed off on me.