Chapter 34

Chapter 34

“What?” I asked, shock taking over me. Jesse looked at me from over his shoulder.

“You’re stage name. Savvy. It is a really good one, brilliant idea of yours to be honest.” Jesse shrugged like this was some random topic instead of my life’s secret.

“How did you…? Did Puck tell you? If he did I am going to juvie and killing him.” I stood up ready to take any action necessary. Jesse laughed and walked over to me as cool as ever.

“Don’t worry Savvy. Puck didn’t tell me a thing. I knew all along.” Jesse’s smiled was filled with humor but I was not laughing. This was one of the most serious moments in my life.

“He didn’t tell you? Well how did you know?” I was confused and frustrated. Why did this always happen to me?

“At the competition I figured it out. Maybe for that one night you could have taken that ring off.” Jesse smiled and grabbed my hand motioning to my purity ring. My mind shot back to that night. I was so careful about it, never talking the same, acting the same, showing my face. Anything. And everything could come crumbling down before me just because I overlooked my ring.

“Why haven’t you said anything?” I asked still a little distraught. He saw the color draining from my face and sat me down immediately.

“Savannah, look at me.” He turned my eyes to look him square in the face. “I will not tell your secret. I care about you too much to ruin it for you. All I want to know is why it means so much to you. Why can’t you tell? Your voice is like nothing I have ever heard. The glee club could really use you.” Jesse was assuring me but yet I still felt my bones rattle within me. Two guys now know my secret. That is two more than planned. Who else knew?

“Thank you.” I managed to breathe out despite the surprise. He pulled me to him and hugged me tightly.

“I’ll always be on our side Savvy. Always.” He whispered stroking my head soothingly. If he hadn’t told anyone in like 8 months then why would he tell now? He was my boyfriend and Jesse wasn’t the type to do that sort of thing.

“Now please tell me the whole story. I’ve been wondering about you for months. You are an enigma.” Jesse smiled taking a seat beside me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I chuckled slightly and took a deep breath calming myself down.

“You asked for it.” I said turning to him and laying the whole thing on him. Why I stayed away from glee club, why I didn’t want to be popular, my façade of being the new top witch and all of that. He listened extremely well only stopping to ask about things he didn’t understand. It was obvious he wanted to know me, the real me, which is more than I could ever have asked for.

 When I had finished Jesse was leaning against his arm watching me intently.

“And to think you went through and did all of this stuff without anyone suspecting a thing.” Jesse shook his head in amazement.

“You are the most amazing girl I have ever seen.” He admitted without a care.

“So you still want to be with me even though I hid the real me?” I asked hopeful. There was no telling how he would take the whole thing.

“Are you kidding? I thought it was impossible to love you anymore, I was just proven wrong.” Jesse smiled and the feeling of gratefulness and admiration flooded through me. I jumped into his arms.

“Thank you Jesse!” I cried out and we both fell back against his bed making us laugh.

“Anything for you Savvy.” Jesse replied looking up at me on top of him.