Glee's Finest (A Puck Love Story. Or is it?) Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I woke up early the next day. It takes me even longer to get ready now. Not that it didn’t take long enough as it was. Thanks to the large cast on my leg I couldn’t wear jeans or anything that normally covered it. My choices were shirts and shorts. I went over my selections and picked out a pair of green running shorts that were medium length with a Miami Hurricanes jersey. They were my favorite college team ever! I put one sneaker on, adding a ponytail and grabbing my backpack I walked with my crutches to the top of our stairs. Looking down I sighed. How was I going to manage this? I brainstormed until I decided to go down on my butt. I slid my crutches down to the bottom and sat down sliding down as well, one step at a time until I reached the bottom. I smiled pleased with myself and hobbled like an old person to the kitchen where the rest of my family sat eating their various choices in breakfast.

“Well if it isn’t the one-legged Madonna.” Ben joked when I came in. I gave him an annoyed look.

“Don’t you forget I can still kick your butt one leg and all.” I teased back sitting down with difficulty.

“Hey Kyle, what up?” I asked rustling my youngest brother’s hair. He looked sleepy like he always does in the morning.

“Nothing.” He grumbled taking a mouth full of Fruity Cheerios. Same old routine for him. Nothing changed and that was the way he liked it. I wish I could have that again. Unfortunately I couldn’t. I began pouring my cereal when the doorbell rang. Oh perfect, he was here already. My mother smiled at me knowing who it was. I squinted showing my disapproval.

“Oh good Tom. You get to meet Savannah’s new helper. Coming!” My mother called strolling out into the living room. My dad gave me a sympathetic look. I sighed banging my head down on the table when I heard Puck’s slimy voice wish my mother a good morning. I had tried to think of this optimistically this morning but I am just down now.

“Tom, Ben, and Kyle. This is Noah Puckerman. He goes to McKinley high where Savannah does and he is on the football team.” I didn’t look up as my mom spoke although I knew Puck was probably watching me with those cruel beautiful eyes of his. I’ll tell you to the day I die it wasn’t fair.

“A pleasure young man.” I can just see my dad shaking his hand now with that casual smile of his. Puck would take it like he was just some normal guy. Really, what he wouldn’t do to get close to a girl.

“The pleasure is mine sir.” Puck spoke with respect. Kyle patted my shoulder not really understanding what was going on. I lifted my head looking at Ben who was knuckle bumping Puck who wore the same smug smile as always.

“Sweet man. What position?” Ben asked falling for Puck’s charade. Unbelievable.

“Wide receiver little man. You play?” Puck asked feigning interest.

“I’m receiver too.” Ben must be in love now. A huge guy who is 17 playing his position with a Mohawk. Doesn’t get better than that to a twelve year old. Puck looked at me without a care and continued with his conversation with Ben for a little while.

“You two better hurry or you will be late for school.” My dad spoke putting his empty bowl on the counter. I looked to the clock. 25 minutes til school. I could make it in plenty of time. Puck however, I had no idea how he drove. I sighed pushing away my still full cereal bowl having lost my appetite.

“Alright. I guess we’ll see you guys later.” Puck said helping me stand as everyone else got ready to go also. I grabbed my bag from off the back of my chair. Smiling at my mom as she gave me an encouraging look. I must have made her feel at least a little relieved. As soon as the door shut I turned on Puck who’s hand was resting on my arm.