Chapter 41

Chapter 41

 I heard squeals and gasps from the audience behind and in front of me. Mr. Shuester just looked shocked.

“Savannah? Are you serious?” He asked with raised eyebrows. I didn’t dare speak in fear of nothing coming out so I just nodded.

“Well then, we are all here. Let’s see what you got.” He smiled brightly and motioned for me to the stage clapping his hands together excitedly. I saw Mercedes texting something as I slowly made my way to the stage. This is it Savvy, don’t blow it. You’ve waited for this for years now just let it go. By the time I actually made it to the stage the rest of the glee club (aside from Jesse obviously) had arrived. My eyes scanned across the crowd that now took their seats. Bianca was all smiles and nearly jumping out of her seat when my eyes connected with Puck’s. He smiled at me and nodded encouragingly. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

“Before I begin I just wanted to say something.” I began feeling the shakiness in my voice. Mr. Shuester motioned for me to continue smiling at me.

“For years now I’ve hid who I was afraid of what others would think or do to me. Either under some façade of a person I didn’t even know or just pushing what I loved away. And for a while there I actually lost myself in trying to fool others. But now I realize that no matter who tries to mess with me, cause me trouble, or anything that doesn’t mean I stop being me, or hiding myself away from the world. A very good friend of mine showed me that much.” I shot a quick look to Puck. “I’m ready to stand now. To find my place at this school, in the lives of people I know and care about, and in this world. So, New Directions, this might come as a shock to you but I’m coming clean.” I paused for a moment to look around at all the faces. “I’m Savvy from the youth singing competition last year.” I heard gasps all around again. Rachel’s mouth sort of dropped open but turned quickly to a glare. Santana just looked witchy the whole time but I brushed her off.

“Whoa, Savannah are you saying you were the one who beat Rachel?” Mr. Shue spoke into his microphone as shocked as the others were.

“Yes, I am.” I replied with a nervous laugh. Mr. Shuester looked back to the other students who sat with wide eyes other than Puck.

“Well then, we are all more than happy to welcome you Savvy.” Mr. Shuester grinned elated.

“Thank you all very much. And I have one last thing to say. It’s a pleasure to know that I have people like you guys to back me up. I couldn’t want better friends.” I looked at the small orchestra that randomly appeared and waved at them to start. I took a deep again and looked up into the spot light. I was letting everything go. My frustration, my anger, my bitterness, everything. I was moving on and nothing was going to bring me down.

(Savvy puts this much power into it. And that is pretty much her voice as well. n_n)

---->

 Me: To dream the impossible dream

To fight the unbeatable foe

To bear with unbearable sorrow

To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong

To love pure and chaste from afar

To try when your arms are too weary

To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest

To follow that star

No matter how hopeless

No matter how far

To fight for the right