Onwards and Upwards

I allowed Holly to finish eating and drinking before we went and sat on the couch, this was the moment of truth where I needed to be absolutely sure that Holly was happy with how things had turned out and wanted to start a relationship with me.

"Holly, we need to talk".

She looked up at me, and a single tear formed and descended down her beautiful face; I caressed her cheek and smiled like the Cheshire cat, I told her there was nothing to worry about but that I needed to say something important and so I talked, telling her exactly how I felt about her.

"Holly, we have known each other less than a week and in this time we have gone from being friends at the college, to learning more about each other across a chessboard, to spending an evening together, to knowing what we have in common through music, to spending the night together and making love. You make me so happy and what im trying to say is that despite the problems that our meeting could bring and the age gap between us, I feel so much in love with you and want to spend the rest of my life with you".

I stopped talking and looked into her angelic eyes, there was stone silence...I was concerned and hoped for a response but nothing, Holly was visibly crying now and it broke my heart to see her like this, I didn't know what was in her mind. She turned to me, held my cheek and softly kissed me ..."Debi, this is like a dream come true and I have been truly blessed to have met you, got to know you and shared intimate moments with you, of course I want to be with you". I knew Holly couldn't commit to me, it was much too soon for that, we embraced in the moment and cried together.

Holly stood up, took my hand and said "Ready for Round 2" ?