Chapter 11/Beer Girl/

"You back home already?"Sunhwa asked. Sunhwa was the neighbour of mine and she worked the same line as my sister.

I nodded my head,my shoulders deflated. "How much?"a man appeared out of nowhere and asked. His greasy face combined with obnoxious gold chains hung around his neck approached me.

"I'm not for sale."I replied,tired.

"Oh,c'mon. Give me some face."he encouraged.

"I'll give you some of this."I hissed and kicked him in the shin roughly before giving Sunhwa a look to approach him. One thing I hate about living in this building is that people mistake me for a prostitute but then again,all of my sister's friends were nice to me.

A man walked out of our door and I gave him a dirty look as I entered. "You're back early."Hana commented.

I nodded my head again. "Do you have some spare money?"she asked.

"Isn't business good this week?"

"Yeah but I-"

"Don't tell me you did that."I warned.

"You have the extra money now,Hyun."

"You did not! Didn't we agree not to waste more time on it? They gave up on us! What's the point of trying to find them?"I exclaimed,slapping my forehead.

"Just give me some. I need to pay the bills."

"This is my last paycheck. I got fired again."I sighed and passed her the cheque. My sister gave me a face after finding out that I had been fired from a job again. Somehow,I just can't seem to hold onto a job.

"Go find Jieun later. She has someone who can find you jobs."she ordered and I raised a brow. Doesn't she normally tell me not to work and spend my time on my studies.

"Why?"

"What I paid was only enough for the deposit. I need more money so that the private investigator can search for us."she explained and I snorted. I don't understand why she would look for our parents when they had cruelly left us alone.

"Whatever."

+++

So out of all the jobs Jieun offered me,being a beer girl sounded the best. She tried convincing me to join the trade and traffic some drugs but I'm not gonna go down that path. At least not for now.

I was a beer girl for this huge food tent. I was dressed in a ridiculously tight costume which I think could be made out of rubber. Like literally. It felt icky and made the squeaking sound everytime I tried moving.

The pay sucked compared to being a babysitter but looking at the bright side,I don't need to take care kids I hate and not face Jaebum for the whole entire week. I've had enough from him,his family and his friends. They are such a hassle.

"Two bottles here!"someone shouted. I sighed,getting back to work.

"Can you please put on a smile?"my boss demanded,annoyed. I showed him a half-hearted smile and grabbed the bottle opener and beers.

I opened the bottles,pouring the liquids into the cups.

"Do you do quick service too?"the guy dressed in officewear asked. He looked at me creepily,staring at very obvious parts. If my boss was observing me like a hawk,I would gave him a piece of my mind.

"I will only charge you for money faster."I snapped and took my beers for another table who had ordered 7.

"7 beers."I announced as I put the tray down and opened them one by one,not sparing the people at the table a single shit. Not today when my hair is in a mess and I'm bound by this hideous costume.

"Hyun,is that you?"someone asked and I looked. I froze and my eyes widened in horror. Nonononono...why is he here?

He grabbed my wrist. "What are you doing?"he growled. He took off his jacket and covered me with it,much to the dismay of the pedophiles drooling.

"I'm working. Let go of me."I snapped.

"As a beer girl?"he whispered in disbelief. The whole of BTS was there,staring at us intently. Great...just great.

"First,you avoid me and then,when you're in trouble,you don't tell me and work as a beer girl. Am I even your bestfriend anymore?"

I scoffed. "Are you getting mad at me? You've got a new girlfriend. I'm giving you some time to spend with her because after a while,my existence will mean nothing to you."

"That isn't true,you know that."

"I only know your love with her has rekindled and I'm just the girl on the sidelines like it has always been but I'm slowly going to disappear under the spotlight of Soyeon because I will no longer have a place in your heart,Yoongi."I said,poking his chest with my finger. I took off his jacket and shoved it back into his arms.

"Don't disturb me unless you're ordering more beers."I warned and stormed off.