Chapter 45 /Money Makes The World Go Around/

Sunlight sneaked into the room through the blinds of the window and disturbed me from my peaceful sleep. I yawned and shifted my body,only to face Jaebum who was staring back at me.

"Morning."he smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Morning."I replied awkwardly,still not really adjusting well to his intimate actions. I'm more used to him insulting me. But one thing is for sure:I had a good sleep. The mattress in my new house is not hard enough for me and my old bed is really the best.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer instantly,making me gasp at his sudden action. "You look cute when you're flustered."he remarked,chuckling a little with his rough,morning voice.

"You know that I hate physical contact,"

"But you sure liked kissing yesterday. I mean you were real wil-"

I interrupted him from speaking further by covering his mouth with my hands,knowing that I'll be too embarrassed to face him later if he continues to describe what happened last night. Heck,I'm already too embarrassed.

"Let's go. The reporters should have left."I suggested,peaking out of the window and smiling to myself when I was proved correct.

"So soon?"Jaebum asked in a whiny tone,turning his body around so that his face was buried in the mattress.

"Yes,sleepyhead."I pulled him up and dragged him out.

On the way home,my arm was interlinked with Jaebum's because I had sweaty palms and holding hands felt weird. I had his jacket on since I felt cold. "Remind me again why we're walking and not taking the bus or taxi?"I said sarcastically.

"Because I want to spend more time with you. We've wasted enough time thinking about others. I just want to think about us now."he answered,making me melt a little. "Hm...aren't you touched by my words of wisdom?"he continued.

"Geez...what a way to destroy the moment,Jaebum."I snorted out loud and he pinched my nose,only to receive a harder pinch back.

"You shouldn't walk me back. Your parents are going to be worried for you."

"I already told my father."he replied,shrugging casually.

"Oh really?"I asked,a little doubtful. "You've gotten closer to him,I suppose."

"Well yeah. We talk a little more now. I know that you had a part to play."

"I guess you found out. But I haven't really been doing a great job. I feel like I wrecked the relationship between your parents."I sighed.

"It was already pretty screwed up. You just made it a little worse."he laughed and I smacked him.

"You make me feel much better."I snapped with sass.

"Don't I always do?"he wriggled his eyebrows and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Shut up. You don't. You make my blood boil."

"Stop denying it."he teased and headlocked me. "But on a more serious note,doesn't this feel nice? It's like we've walked a long distance and finally met."

"I guess. I didn't even want to think about liking you for a period of time."I admitted.

"Me too. But I had a talk with Mark and I feel more at ease after talking with him. Yoongi looked for me too."

"Really? What did they say?"

"They said the same thing. Treat her well...blah blah blah. That's why I went to your house anyway."he answered. "Have you been able to contact your sister yet?"