Chapter 20 /My Worst Nightmare/

Yoongi smiled at me,tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I blushed,fiddling with my fingers nervously and biting my lips in embarrassment.

"You look beautiful today."he complimented. I blushed harder and smacked him gently on his arm before cushioning my head on his shoulder and interlocking our arms and walking to class.

"Hey,Hyun."Yoongi greeted me and I snapped out of my daze. I sighed after realising that I had been fantasizing about being Soyeon which tells me very clearly I'm still not over Yoongi. I turned my back on them because I was still angry about that set-up. Am I that pathetic that they had to resort to such means?

"Let's just go..."Soyeon said softly and dragged him away. My heart was burdened and every breath I exhaled was heavy.

I stared at their disappearing figures,my eyes starting to water a little. I felt as if I was shattered into a million pieces and no one except Yoongi could put me back together but that...that's just impossible. Especially since I've been ignoring him. It's partially my fault for keeping a distance away. Sometimes,I hope that we could be back to normal even if we were just friends because at least I could bring myself to talk with him. But everytime he talks to me,I just reply with coldness.

"HEY HYUN!"someone from the other side of the hallway screamed and 6 boys charged at me. V jumped on me,causing me to drop all my books. Jin shaked his head and helped me pick my books up with Jimin.

"Are y'all looking for me or was V just trying to attack me?"I joked as I stuffed my books inside my bag.

"Nah we just wanted to talk to you."Jungkook said and gave me the ':3' face.

"We need your consent to do something."Rapmonster spoke up.

"What?"

"We want to tell Yoongi about your feelings towards him and no,don't bother denying that you like him."Jin said with sass.

"Why would you want to tell him that?!"I panicked. "He's perfectly happy with Soyeon. I'm fine,I can handle this!"

"No you can't and Yoongi can't either!"Jimin piped in. "He's only dating Soyeon because she asked him out and Yoongi thought you didn't like him so he wanted to try getting back with each other! Soyeon is no good for him. He's acting differently!"

"He's not laidback or sleeping 24/7 like he used to be. He's acting sweet and 100% not Yoongi."Rapmonster added.

"He's changed for her. That's good,isn't it?"I shrugged.

"Not if she's controlling his whole life. She doesn't allow us to go out with him and she drags him away during lunches and most importantly,you know that set-up date? She was the one who was in charge of that. Yoongi didn't know until she had told him about that in school."JHope exclaimed. "She's evil. Who knows what she'll do next? Maybe she'll cheat on him again!"

"And can you explain how is telling him my feelings for him going to help him when they're in love? I'll be breaking them apart!"

"The thing you don't know is that Yoongi still likes you! He doesn't like Soyeon at all! If you could just tell him,he would immediately go over to you!"Jungkook finally shouted. The maknae looks angry. "I hate that girl."

"My answer is no. I know you guys are trying to help me and Yoongi but really,I don't want to be the person who breaks them apart. Whether or not Yoongi still likes me is very clear to me right now. If he's happy with Soyeon,then let him be."I sighed and patted Jungkook's shoulder. "You may hate her but I'm sure she's not that evil to keep you buddies apart. I have to go to class. Bye."I said in a monotonous voice and walked off. I closed my eyes. If I truly like him,I wish him happiness. I'll back off so you can live better,Yoongi.

+++

I'm glad that I can still talk to BTS although there is a tension between me and Yoongi right now. At least I haven't lost all my friends.

Hyuk opened the door and I entered my room immediately,taking off my socks and letting my hair down. I faced the ceiling,deep in thought as I changed into my home clothes. An embarrassing pug shirt and ahjumma pants. It's the most comfortable thing in the world,trust me. If Hyuk wasn't awake,I would have took off my bra ages ago.

"Noona,your phone."Hyuk entered the room and handed me my phone before jumping into his own bed.

Reminder:Mr.Im is coming today for consultation.

"Shit!"I cursed. "I FORGOT HE WAS COMING!"I shrieked. Hyuk snorted and rolled his eyes. What a supportive younger brother I have.

The doorbell rang and I cursed under my breath. "Hi,Mr.Im. I'm sorry for being a little underdressed today. I totally forgot you were coming and I-"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"a obnoxious laughter echoed through the corridor. He clutched his stomach,laughing uncontrollably as he pointed his index finger at me and my embarrassing outfit.

My.Worst.Nightmare.