Chapter 30 /Be Happy/

5...4...3...2...1...FINALLY

I grabbed my bag and ran out of the classroom as fast as I could. You know how teachers don't allow you to go to the toilet the last few minutes of the lesson? Well,my teacher decided to do that and my bladder cannot take it anymore.

"Yah!"someone shouted and held me back.

"What do you want?"I asked in a threatening tone as I paced around anxiously.

"My dad wants you to babysit tonight. He's going to settle things with mum tonight so he needs someone to take care of the children but doesn't trust me. He said he'll pay you by the hour,as usual."Jaebum said.

"I'll come around 5. Now,let me go."I said,tapping my foot on the floor impatiently.

"Oh no no."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I like how I'm wasting your time by laughing at your misery."he snorted and I rolled my eyes before stepping on his foot harshly. He let go of me and I ran into the toilet immediately. As if he could stop me.

After finishing my business and feeling free again,I washed my hands. If I wanted to go to Jaebum's house at 5,it means that I have to go home really fast. I plugged in my earpieces and walked to the busstop. As I scrolled through my texts,I realised a car had been following me for a while through the reflection.

I halted in my footsteps and reached into my bag for a weapon before turning around cautiously when I came face to face with a man.

"My boss would like to have a chat with you."he said and invited me to the car.

"Who's your boss?"I asked meekly,gripping onto my umbrella really tightly.

"Me."the window rolled down and revealed her. "It's been a long time,Hyun."

I scoffed in response. "I don't think we have anything to talk about."I turned around to leave but the man held me back. I glared at him.

"Oh we have a lot to talk about. Get in."she said and I was forcefully pushed into the car before it drove off.

"This is kidnap."I deadpanned and squirmed around my seat.

"This is a catch-up session. I believe you already know my real identity."she said.

"I don't want find out anything about you."I replied coldly. "You don't give a fuck about me,obviously."

"What language you have learnt!"she gasped.

"Oh,I've learnt more than that."I turned to face her. "And I can definitely use them to describe you."

She looked at me,offended,her mouth slightly agape. "You will get rid of that horrible language!"

"Shut up,you can't order me around. Maybe you could if you had fulfilled your duties as a mother when I waa growing up. Too bad,you didn't. Now,tell me the real reason behind all this bullshit."

"Fine. If you want to play hard,I can too. I'm here to tell you that you can't babysit for the Ims anymore."

"Why not?"

"They can't find out about your identity. My husband would find out."

I scoffed in disbelief. "The last time I checked,you weren't my mother so don't bother."I retorted. The car came to a stop at the red light and I took the chance to escape. "Fuck you."I cursed before slamming the door and running away as fast as I could.

I found myself wandering around in a market,the ruckus around me making me feel worse. Am I such a disgrace? Why can't her husband find out about me? Why must I hide?

"Hyun?"someone called out my name and I sighed before turning around.

"Yoongi?"I questioned,raising a brow.

"You okay?"he asked,grabbing me by the shoulders.

"Better than ever. Why?"I lied.

"Well,I saw that man forcing you inside his car so I followed you because I was worried."he explained.

"Thanks for the concern but I'm fine."

"You know,you can always come to me if anything happens."

"I wish I could but I think you would want to avoid me even more if you know what's happening."I chuckled bitterly.

"Look me in the eye,"he demanded. "I would never do that."

I sighed and forced myself to smile. "Thanks. But I'm really fine. See you at school tomorrow."

"Wait!"he said. "I broke up with Soyeon."

"Why?"

"Because I can't let go of someone."he replied. "But the best way to love her is to let her be happy,right?"he said,tears brimming at the side of his eyes. He sniffed. "Be happy,Hyun."

With that,he turned around and walked off slowly...