Chapter 41 /Who Am I?/

"Hey Hyun,"Jaebum called to the girl who was scurrying down to her next class with her brother beside her. Jaebum was sadly ignored and Hyuk turned behind,giving him an apologetic smile. Jaebum frowned,knitting his eyebrows together. Usually,she would either greet him back or tell him to fuck off at the very least. You see,she's pretty temperamental.

He stared at her figure,slowly disappearing amongst the crowd when he spotted Mark who walked past Hyun with no expression,not even sparing her a gaze. Hyun looked back at him but quickly forced herself to look front,because she knew she couldn't stop once she continued.

Mark strolled along the hallway,trying to keep his heavy heart and droopy eyes hidden away from Hyun. Soyeon grabbed on his arm tightly and he beared with it until he walked past Hyun. He shaked her off and walked at a faster pace before his eyes met with Jaebum.

"Hey,bud. Did you fight with her?"Jaebum asked,his face still plastered with a frown that couldn't disappear.

"You bastard!"a furious Yoongi emerged from the student body and pounced on Mark,landing a punch on his jaw that threw him onto the floor.

Jaebum held Yoongi back but was only kicked in the stomach and fell back onto the locker. Since when did he have so much strength? The rest of BTS surrounded Jaebum,making sure he couldn't help Mark.

Yoongi grabbed Mark's collar roughly,punching him without mercy while Mark lay on the floor,not resisting at all. He knew the reason why he was pinned down onto the floor.

"Fight back,you idiot!"Jaebum groaned in pure agony for his friend who was just enduring his punches. "Why is your friend going batshit crazy?"he demanded an answer as he tried to escape to lend a helping hand.

"Because he broke Hyun's heart."

"I gave her up so that you could treat her better than I could and I was wrong to trust you with her,"Yoongi growled,landing another cruel punch.

"I did it for her."Mark said,his eyes filled with determination and ironically,defeat.

"For her? You broke her heart for her? Don't feed me with bullshit."Yoongi snorted.

"I'm giving her up like how you gave her up."he declared and Yoongi froze for a moment,letting him go. Mark got up and looked at me. "Her heart didn't belong to me anymore."

"I wasn't the reason why she wasn't ready to go official. It was because she had feelings for someone else. If she couldn't make the choice,then I made it for her because I know clearly what she wanted. I knew a long time ago and I was selfish not to let her go. I want her to be happy,Jaebum."

"M-me?"Jaebum stammered,caught off guard.

"I don't have or will have any bad feelings towards you. I know you like her and she likes you too. Promise me you'll make her happy."

"I..."

"I..."

"I..."

He couldn't say anything. What was he to say? Did he just cause his friend to break up with his girlfriend? I'm afraid,it is.

"Who are you to make decisions for me,Mark? You don't know what I want;you don't have any rights to decide for me. Was making me think you are cheating with Soyeon the only way you could think of to break up with me. Look at Jaebum,he doesn't even like me and all of you are just assuming. Now,I know that you don't understand me even more and I'm disappointed in you."Hyun appeared out of nowhere,confronting the three of them.

Once again,she was crying. Who knew such the first ever relationship she had could make her weep so much? She wasn't strong anymore;she was broken.

"Hyun..."the three boys called out in unison.

"No,don't say my name. Not from two of you. Don't...look for me. I need to be alone. You too,Yoongi. Just give me some space to think."she turned her heel and dragged her feet away,feeling thoroughly beaten.

"Yah!"someone screamed and tackled me on the floor. Bits and pieces of fruit splattered around the kitchen whilst the unknown guy hugged me tightly. After a while,he finally let go.

"M-Mark?"I stuttered,tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You didn't close the lid of the blender."he said and I slapped my forehead.

"I'm sorry. I'm such an idiot. Uh...wash up first then. Get Jaebum's clothes or something. I'll clean up here."I said and took the piece of cloth,trying to avoid him. My heart was beating so fast I swear I could go crazy. He walked off and I started cleaning the kitchen. Why am I such an idiot?

The first time she talked to him.

Before I could respond,he got off the bus and I sighed. I stared at Mark who wss seated beside me. He was looking out of the window.

Silence swept over us and I leaned back in my seat. The bus stopped again and Mark got up. He walked towards the exit but suddenly halted. He looked back at me and ran up to me. He planted a kiss on the mascot head before running out...

Was he trying to kiss the mascot? Or me...

The first time she started feeling for him.

"And I know that you told me it felt like cheating if you were to start dating me though you still like Yoongi. I know that you had a thing going on with him for a long time and maybe you can't forget that but I really really really like you."he said and my heart started beating at an insane rate that I could feel like it was going to pop out anytime. I fiddled around with my fingers as he continued. "I know you still like him and I don't mind. Could you just give me a chance? I hope you aren't mad but I happened to overhear your conversation with Bangtan the last time round and I feel that you should give me a chance. It can be a experiment for you to maybe let go of him or just treat me as an escape."

"Don't say that."I sighed. "I don't want to be dating you because you're an escape. I-I just don't know what I'm feeling towards you. I know I still like Yoongi but I feel like I like you too and I'm really confused."

"Then give me a chance and then choose."he replied and held my hands. I stared into his eyes,my heartbeat going all over the place.

"Please."he said and leaned in for a kiss. It was that feeling that hit me again. The feeling of justness and how right it felt. It calmed me down and I kissed him back softly.

The first time they kissed.

The mysterious,cold boy whom she thought would spell trouble was actually a sweet,heart-warming boy who was so considerate. Too considerate for his own good. To give her up for his friend,she don't want that. He was watching us all along,how hurt must he have been? To know that they had been drifting apart and he was slowly losing her to one of his bestfriends,agony must have consumed him. But he didn't breathe a word about it. No complains. All he wanted was to watch over her quietly so that she could be happy,even if she didn't return those feelings as strongly.

But all she ever felt was remorse,guilt and regret. First,it was Yoongi who gave her up so that she could be happier with Mark. Now,Mark did exactly the same thing but with Jaebum this time. It wasn't even anger she felt;it was guilt. Who was she? Who was she to make two guys whom she held close to her heart go through they pain she had felt? She had no right to. She was not worthy of their consideration. She was not somebody to subject anyone else to pain. She was no one. A nobody.

And for that,she was truly sorry.