Chapter 39 /Magazine Star/

We returned home,the house now filled with an awkward and tense atmosphere.

"Unnie,I don't want to live without you."I finally spoke up.

Hana chuckled. "Shouldn't you be happy? I'll get to quit this job! You make it sound like we're never gonna meet again. We can always meet whenever you want to. I want you to go there,for both my sake and your sake. Your future will be so bright. I worked hard for you two grow up well. Now I want you both to succeed in life and have a family I couldn't give you."

Hyuk started tearing up. "I don't want to live with them. Hyun can just go. I'll stay with you,noona. I don't want to live with that man or that woman and definitely not Soyeon especially after she-"

Before Hyuk could reveal anything,I pinched his thigh hard,making him shut up for good. "After she was being mean at the restaurant."he mumbled,obviously unhappy.

"She'll come to terms with it soon. If she bullies you two,come to me,your big sister will make sure she'll regret doing that."Hana assured and smiled though I know that she was feeling as upset as us. "You guys should start packing up soon,you'll be moving in their house in a week."

"Don't create too much trouble. There's a reason why our father wanted us back. Not only because he was sorry,"she paused and chuckled. "I mean,why would he want someone else's child to succeed his business?"

"Don't worry,noona. If one of us really gets his company,I'm sure we'll both make sure you live comfortably."

"I'm sorry I couldn't fight for more."I sighed,clenching her fist.

"Oh darling,you've fought enough."

+++

Soyeon wasn't the type to give up easily. She wasn't going to accept the fact that I was her stepfather's daughter. In fact she's been spreading rumours about me that I was faking my identity to get money. Stupidity at its finest,I must say. She's definitely entertaining.

"I heard...and saw,"Yoongi mentioned and flashed me a magazine cover. I raised a brow then sighed. After all,my father was a business man well respected in his field. Media coverage comes naturally. In the picture,the three of us walked out of the room and my father's face was captured inside.

"Well,what's done is done. What can I do right?"I shrugged casually.

"YAH!"Jaebum's loud voice could be heard across the hallway. He spotted me at my locker and dashed across the crowd of people. "You never told me about this!"he whined and held up a similar magazine cover. I shaked my head. "You guys should be bestfriends."I commented and they scowled at each other.

"No thanks."they say in unison and glare at each other.

"Anyway,my family business is settled and that's that. Leave me alone now or I'll punch you in the balls."I warned and Yoongi revealed his cute gummy smile.

"That's the Hyun I know and love to bits."

"Love to bits?"Jaebum cocked a brow.

"As a friend."Yoongi rolled his eyes."see ya later,"he waved and walked to his class.

"I'm not satisfied. You have to tell me what happened. I deserve to know."he demanded.

"Fuck off,Jaebum."I said although I was bursting with laughter internally.

"Fine,just answer one question."he said reluctantly.

"What?"

"Are you...gonna continue babysitting the kiddos? Like it's pretty hard to find another good babysitter,"he mumbled and looked up at the ceiling.

"Oh my,did I hear it wrongly? Did you just admit that I'm an awesome babysitter?"I mocked him,putting a hand against my chest to pretend as if I was shocked. I mean,come on,we all know I'm pretty kickass.

"I regretted every word I said."he deadpanned. "Whatever,just leave. I'll babysit them myself."

"Looks like it'll be a rough period for them."I jokingly said though my words were sincere. Jaebum would be the worst babysitter ever.

"Shut up."he grumbled.

"You were the one who asked me the question!"I retorted.

"Whatever,"he puffed his cheeks and leaned against the locker.

"Hey,"Mark's rough voice greeted.

"Do you have a sore throat?"I asked,concerned,examining him as if I could even see the inside of his throat.

"I'm fine,"he reassured with his usual smile and pecked me on the cheek. Jinyoung finally made his presence clear when he cleared his throat and then,I remembered. Choose 1 or ditch both. The only thing bothering me is that I actually asked myself about Jaebum. I shouldn't even be thinking about him. I already have Mark...

a/n:hey sorry for the short chapter. I have exams coming up soon and this most likely be the last update until next next week. Sorry and thank you!