Chapter 23 /Let Bygones Be Bygones/

So me and Mark came to an agreement. We were dating but not really. It wasn't official and he promised not post anything about us on his social media. So is was like a secret try out dating thing,if you get what I mean. Mark said this was a good idea because he didn't want me to regret my decision. So if we wanted to break up,it would be something we both understood and would be much easier.

"Hi."Mark greeted once I closed my locker,startling me. I smacked him lightly on the arm.

"I'm going to die out of a heart attack because of you."I joked and he took my books from me.

"Milady..."he bowed and showed me the way. I rolled my eyes and pulled him up from his embarrassing stance.
"Let's just walk together then."he smiled,though I could tell he was happier now than before,and interwined our hands before walking to class.

He walked me to my table and put my books down neatly in a pile. "Goodbye kiss?"he asked,wriggling his eyebrows playfully.

"Not here."I said and pushed his lips away.

"HEY WATCH OUT!"someone screamed and something was thrown towards me. I screamed upon the touch of the slimy substance against my skin. Everyone's attention was on me.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing!"Yoongi stood up,ditching Soyeon and walking towards the classmates who had thrown some slime on me.

"April fools? Take a chill pill,bro."he shrugged.

"Don't give me such a shitty excuse and you're not worthy of being my bro."he said sassily. "The next time you decide to mess with Hyun will be the next time I do this to you."he said and grabbed the remaining slime before smothering it all over his face. I gasped and Mark stepped forward.

"I'll take charge now."he said with a slight irritance in his tone,lightly shoving Yoongi out of the way. "You know which group I belong to,don't you? And don't you know what we're capable of doing?"he spat murderously,grabbing his collar.

"Same for mine."Yoongi added on and Mark rolled his eyes.

I stepped forward and got Mark off him. "It's just a small April Fools prank. It's harmless and I'm fine but thanks."I said,patting his shoulder.

"Anything you say."he ruffled my hair,a 180° difference from his previous attitude. He left the classroom shortly after when the bell rang.

"Thanks."I turned to Yoongi.

"No problem. You may not think of me as a friend but I still treat you as one."he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "And I apologise on behalf of Soyeon for the matchmaking thing. I didn't even know but she wanted to do something for you so she came up with such a silly idea."he bowed.

"Yah,don't do that. People are watching."I hissed. "But...you had absolutely no knowing of the matchmaking thing?"

He nodded his head. "Totally. Until she told me herself."

"Well,I'm not trying to offend you. I still treat you as a friend,okay?"I said,a slight burden in my heart as if my chest was tightening. Maybe even more than friends. "But your friends are having a hard time because of your girlfriend. I think you should start spending more time with them."

"I must admit I haven't talked much to them recently."

"Friendship lasts forever. Remember that."I patted his shoulder awkwardly.

"Let's just forget whatever happened in the past and be our normal selves."he suggested and held out his hand. I looked at it uneasily. If I were to accept it,would I still be hurting? I had forgotten about him momentarily. A crush is not something one can easily let go but since I'm in an unofficial sort of relationship with Mark,friendship with Yoongi wouldn't hurt,right? Although Soyeon looked like she was ready to pounce on me,I mustered an astronomical amount of courage before taking his hand and shaking.

"Let bygones be bygones."

A/N: HI IM SORRY FOR THE BULLET POINTS FROM BEFORE BECAUSE THOSE WERE MY IDEAS FOR THE CHAPTER AND I FORGOT TO DELETE THEM BEFORE PUBLISHING IT! I'm so sorry for those who were confused!