Chapter 8 - Dinner Is For The Rich

Nabi's heart was racing as she felt Kwon Ji Yong's hand on the small of her back. Leading her through the restaurant where the waiter escorted them to their own private room. Despite the fact that Nabi was wearing four inch heels, she was still a bit shorter than Kwon Ji Yong. He didn't seem to care since he had confidence in his appearance. He didn't mind that he wasn't the tallest man in Korea. He also didn't mind if his girlfriend towered over him while wearing heels. Luckily, she wasn't.

So far, since entering the restaurant, Nabi hated it. It was over crowded and too fancy for her liking. She was a simple person and would rather go to a food joint where yelling "ahjumma! One more please!" is normal compared to this fancy restaurant. She didn't like being escorted to a seat, she didn't like the fancy outfit she needed to wear to even walk into this restaurant without being looked down upon. She didn't like that you need to make a reservation or pay extra cash to get the best seat. All of this seemed to be too complicated to just eat a meal.

"Your private room." Nabi awkwardly bowed to the waiter who bowed and left.

"Go inside." Kwon Ji Yong says.

Nabi nodded as she walked into the room. Her eyes scanned the room and she sighed at how elegant the room stood to be. It was a long table that was able to seat four people. The room was dimly lit as the main thing the light pointed out was the chairs and the table. It was for the purpose of the windows that gave a breathtaking view of Seoul. Nabi sighed in content. She knew that this window is the best thing inside the restaurant. She didn't want to seem rude since Kwon Ji Yong offered to pay for the whole thing. He just didn't know that Nabi had already placed an envelope with money inside of his car for the expenses of her meal. She didn't need him to pay for her meals. She was very well capable.

"Ji Yong-ssi..." Nabi dragged off as she sat across from Kwon Jiyong.

"Hmm?" He said as he opened the menu and started scanning through it.

"I have a concern about this restaurant. I don't feel comfortable being here. It's too fancy for me." Nabi started.

Kwon Jiyong looked up from the menu. "What are you talking about? Is this restaurant not fit to your taste?" He asked.

Nabi shook her head. "No, it's not that. It's a very nice restaurant and I'm sure the owners worked hard to even create it to what it is today. I'm sure a lot of people like this restaurant." She said stumbling over her words.

"So what are you saying?" He asked Nabi.

"It would be better to go to a place less expensive." Nabi explained.

"Don't worry. I'll pay for it." Kwon Jiyong said, waving off her complaints and paying attention to the menu.

"I don't need you to pay for me. I can do that on my own." Nabi sighed. "It's not about money."

"Then what is it about?" He asked looking up from the menu.

Nabi sighed. "I'm not this. This place. I can't become this level."

Kwon Jiyong looked at Nabi. Her usual nervous state was gone and now replaced with someone who had an ounce of confidence. She looked like she knew who she was and she wasn't going to cower back from explaining just that. However, her words were fumbling out of her mouth and it didn't make sense to Kwon Jiyong. So he had to place the menu down and study her for a bit. One hand gripped the end of the table as if it were helping hold herself up. The other hand scratched her eyebrow as she continued fumbling over her words.

"Nabi-ssi, please stop talking." Kwon Jiyong said.

She huffed an air of frustration out as she decided to listen to him. He looked at her, really looked at her, and found something strange. He hadn't even noticed she was wearing makeup. Her eyes were big and round. Although they were slanted, her eyes were bigger than the average size in Korea. It made her look more innocent, like a doll. Her cheeks were, of course, plump and round, but on her left cheek, she had a light dimple. It wasn't as deep as Bae Jang Mi's ones but there was a dimple present on her left cheek. It was so shallow, he had to look closely.