Chapter 37 - Talk It Through

Nabi and Kwon Jiyong stood side by side, walking around. Of course in a town where everyone knows everyone, Nabi was afraid someone might see her and connect her to the mystery girl in the articles printed out on magazines and posted everywhere online. Knowing anyone would do anything for money, she was worried someone would put her in the spotlight causing Kwon Jiyong more burden than he deserves.

Nabi bit her lip in debate. "What did you want to talk about?" She asked.

Kwon Jiyong stopped, not stopping Nabi who walked a few steps ahead of him before turning around to look at him.

"I didn't like the way you left." He says with a sterne tone.

Nabi ran a hand through her hair before letting them fold across her chest. "Then what do you suggest? We repeat the conversation again?"

"No." He answered. "I want you to shut up and listen."

Nabi was taken aback. "Wh-"

He cut her off by telling her once again. "Shut up and listen." She sighed and nodded.

Kwon Jiyong walked up to her and tucked a fist under her chin so that she could look up at him. He wanted to look into her eyes. When she willingly let him do so, he let go of her chin and swept some of her hair out of her face before cupping her cheek. Meanwhile, Nabi's inside were melting like lava. Even though she didn't show it, she was slowly forgiving him for not texting her. She hated herself at how easily she fell for him that she would forgive him so easily. He didn't even say anything but to shut up.

"I didn't want to say anything. About the reason I didn't text you. I didn't feel like it was a good enough reason." He says softly while looking into her eyes. "I knew you asked for something as simple as an emoji. I agreed to it too." He sighed. "I couldn't. Every time I was ready to reply with a simple emoji, I stopped myself. When I'm ready to send you an emoji, I end up wanting to say way more than an emoji could express. I wanted to text you about how my day went and how tired I am. Where I was headed to and where I was coming from. I wanted to tell you how long I'm going to be working that day. I wanted to tell you some of the funny questions asked during my interview. I wanted to tell you that I'm attending a variety show. I wanted to tell you what I ate and what celebrities I met with. I wanted to tell you what magazine I was going to be doing a photoshoot for. I wanted to tell you to watch my performance because even though I performed in front of an audience on many occasions, I never knew if you actually watched me perform. I wanted to tell you how much I missed you-"

Nabi wrapped her arms around the back of Kwon Jiyong's neck, pulling his lips down to her own. Although he was surprised by her sudden eagerness to the kiss, he didn't hesitate to kiss her back. Their body heat radiated onto the other as their bodies were pressed up against one another. Nabi's heart was beating fast inside her chest while her cheeks burned from kissing Kwon Jiyong. She really likes him and she didn't know how else to portray it. So she gave her all into the kiss. She made sure he at least felt what she was feeling. Their lips moved in sync as if they knew each other's everything. They both finally pulled apart, breathing heavy breaths that were visible due to the cold winter air.

"Why didn't you just tell me? I was mad at you." She whispers placing her head under his neck while wrapping her arms around his waist. "I missed you too." She sighs taking in his cologne, if he even wore any.

Kwon Jiyong sighed and closed his eyes. "I'm sorry." He says wrapping his arms around her and placing his chin on her head.

Nabi shook her head into his chest. "I regretted every I said after I left." She sighed. "After my self pity party, I wanted to go back and slap Da-Hye."

Kwon Jiyong chuckled squeezing her tightly against him. "Huh?"

"No seriously." She said looking up at him. "I knew she had issues against me but I'm older than her."