Chapter 19 - November

As time started getting closer to December, Kwon Jiyong's solo comeback date, President Yang had been pressuring Kwon Jiyong on having his album complete. The name for the album 나지 지나: Born Through (NaJi JiNa). President Yang had chosen it for Kwon Jiyong since he wasn't able to do it himself. When he asked President Yang why he had chosen it, President Yang replied with a simple shrug and a 'you'll see'. However, he wasn't seeing anything. The title didn't even make sense to him. Nevertheless, he trusted President Yang so he didn't question it. He was still worried over the weird name.

He had completed the last two songs within the month of November and that was a good sign

He had completed the last two songs within the month of November and that was a good sign. President Yang had announced who's solo comeback it was, blasting photos all over YG Family SNS. The date was set and Kwon Jiyong was busier than ever. As of this week, he had to memorize three dances to three songs from the album and perfect it to the receive the Okay from President Yang. Once the dance gets passed through President Yang's high expectations, the music video starts getting planned out. So by next week, Kwon Jiyong will be busy shooting music videos for all three before the comeback date.

"Alright. That was good." President Yang said standing at the front of the dance studio. "This was the last one right?" He asked.

"Yes." Kwon Jiyong replied breathlessly as he just performed all three dances for President Yang. "So is that a pass?" He asked.

"Yes. Rest for the next two days and then start planning the music video." President Yang said while walking out.

Kwon Jiyong bowed as President Yang exited from the dance studio. As soon as he left he sighed and laid on the wood floor of the dance studio. Even the backup dancers were tired. They did all three dances in a row and they just learned the last one. They were all beat so they didn't blame Kwon Jiyong for laying on the floor, tired from dancing and singing.

Meanwhile, Nabi was having a hard time with the trainees today. She was currently in a dance studio, in front of a young group of girls. They were at least between the ages of nine to thirteen. The eldest was the closest one to debuting but even Nabi thought that was far away. Besides the fact that they kept playing around and laughed at the same mistakes that they were making rather than taking it seriously, she couldn't even start on their voices when they were dancing. She guessed it was because they were young and their voices hasn't settled in yet. She still felt frustrated because she's been working with them all day. For the past two weeks. President Yang had chosen this handful of trainees for Nabi to train because they were the worst of the other trainees. So Nabi devoted her whole beginning of November into helping them.

"No!" Nabi shouted stopping them from dancing. "You all learned the dance routine, why are you having a hard time remembering it?" She scolded. "It's a simple dance." She shook her head and placed a hand on her hip. "All of you are taking too long of a breathing break in between words. It's throwing off the whole song. You guys are about four beats behind while singing." Nabi said raising four fingers. "What's more annoying is that you guys don't even hear it."

Nabi turned her back to them and eyed them through the mirror. She lifted a fist to her mouth as if holding a fake mic, and started singing Park Bom's chorus part for Falling In Love. With one hand unavailable, she started doing the dance routine while singing the song a capella. When she finished Park Bom's part she placed the mic down and rapped CL's part while doing the dance.

"Do you guys see?" Nabi asked as she stopped and turned to face them. "You don't need to take that long of breaths in to complete your part of the song. A breathing spot in the song will be coming up soon after so you don't need to take large breaths. It isn't needed and makes you sound sloppy live." Nabi sighed. "Again!"

With that the group sat on the floor while Nabi counted down from three to cue them to start. They were going to sing it a capella so she had a better way of hearing their voices. Each solo, she paid attention to the way they sang and the way they sounded. It may sound good, but if the way they're singing it is wrong, then they could end up being the one getting hurt. That's what Nabi was worried about the most when it came to her trainees. She didn't want their career to be over before it started so Nabi had to take control even if she was uncomfortable doing so. She didn't like yelling at them, but she had to if that was the way for them to get it through their heads.

"Perfect!" Nabi clapped as soon as it ended. "Some of you aren't rappers but rapped CL's part very well. Good job!" She smiled. "Now go down to the cafeteria and drink warm tea." She said packing up her belongings as the trainees made their way out.

For the past few weeks, Nabi and Kwon Jiyong hadn't been able to do as much as a fake couple is supposed to do. Nabi knew how busy Kwon Jiyong was. They no longer road to work together because Kwon Jiyong got picked up in his celebrity van to go and do photoshoots to promote the album through SNS. So for awhile, Nabi was back to her walking schedule which she didn't mind at all. She liked walking out on the streets of Seoul. It was a peaceful walk despite all the shouting of store owners opening shop, the loud cars and trucks on the streets and especially the crowded sidewalks of people constantly bumping shoulders without an apology during the morning. She found it beautiful.

"Nabi-ah?" Nabi turned to the source calling her name. "You've been staring at the wall for a full minute."

Nabi smiled. "Jiyong..." she stood up straight. "What are you doing here? Aren't you working on your comeback?" She asked pulling the strap of her bag over her shoulder.

"I am. President Yang is letting me rest before shooting the music video." Kwon Jiyong says smiling.

"That's good. You've been working hard." She said. "How'd you know I was in here?" She asked.

"A bunch of trainees walked out whispering on about how mean you are." He said truthfully.

Nabi chuckled. "Yeah, they'll thank me later for being strict with their vocal training. Anyways, did you need my help for anything?"

Kwon Jiyong shook his head. "No. Do you want to hang out tonight?"

Nabi ran a nervous hand through her hair. "Yeah. Sure. I was going to be hanging out with Joo Won oppa but since you're free too, I would love if you come with us." She smiled.

Kwon Jiyong raised a brow. "Where are you guys going?" He asked.

"Nowhere. Just to the rooftop of the dorms." Nabi explained. "So you'll come?" She asked.

"Yeah. We can go together after work." He suggests.

Nabi nodded. "Cool." Then proceeded on leaving the dance floor. "I'll see you after work." She waved and left.

Kwon Jiyong kicked the imaginary dust under his feet in frustration. He didn't understand why Joo Won had to come. He didn't mind having just the two of them but Joo Won? He didn't want him there. Even if he was Nabi's best friend, he didn't like him. The last time they have met was when they introduced each other as Nabi's husband and boyfriend. An experience that wasn't plesent to him. He sighed and went back to work.