Chapter 17 - Keep It Between Us

Min Hyorin had been waiting in the restaurant for twenty minutes. She should've known that Bae Jang Mi was running late. Like she always was. However, she was surprised when Bae Jang Mi did show up. She had her arms hooked with another girl and Min Hyorin shook her head at this.

"What girl did she drag into eating with her now?" She asked herself. "Jang Mi-ah." Min Hyorin waved the two over.

Bae Jang Mi let go of Nabi's arm and Nabi watched as she ran and hugged Min Hyorin. Nabi didn't know who she was but she looked familiar. She had to be famous if she was friends with Bae Jang Mi. She was also really pretty. Nabi sighed as she knew she was surrounded by beautiful famous girls while she would be sitting next to them like a dry squid. Nabi ignored her insecurities and placed a smile on her face. She walked towards the two who were hugging and waited for them to talk to her.

"Unni, buy me food." Bae Jang Mi said in a demanding tone.

Min Hyorin tsked her and flicked her forehead. "Yah~ I'm going to stop eating with you if I keep paying." She said.

Bae Jang Mi placed a hand over her forehead and eyed Min Hyorin down. "Fine."

"Hey! I would be more than willing to pay if you didn't eat so much." Bae Jang Mi just rolled her eyes. "Who's your new friend?" She looked over to Nabi who looked like a deer caught in the headlights. "If Jang Mi forced you into eating with her, against your will and you need help escaping, blink twice and I'll help you escape." She whispered loud enough for Bae Jang Mi to hear.

Bae Jang Mi rolled her eyes. "I didn't force her. She wanted to come. Right?" Bae Jang Mi looked over to Nabi who gave a forced nod. "This is Park Nabi. I told you about her."

"Ah~ the one with the cute cheeks. President Yang's niece. She does have cute cheeks." She smiled while Nabi stood awkwardly before the two. "I'm Min Hyorin." Min Hyorin said sticking her hand out.

"Nice to meet you." Nabi bowed and shook Min Hyorin's hand. "What year were you born?" Nabi asked.

"I'm an 86 liner. What about you?" Min Hyorin said.

Min Hyorin didn't look at all like her age. She looked a lot younger than she actually was. She started feeling more insecure with what age she looked to these guys. Despite Bae Jang Mi being the youngest between the three, Nabi knew that she also looked the youngest. She had a youthful grin and a strong personality.

"I'm an 89 liner." Nabi said.

"That's great. You can call me unni." Min Hyorin said.

"Let's eat before Jiyong oppa yells at me again for taking long during my lunch breaks." Bae Jang Mi said while sitting in the booth.

"Nabi-ah, I'll be dropping formalities if that's alright. I'm sure Jang Mi already dropped them with you." Min Hyorin smiled. "She's weird like that. I don't want to be the only one talking formal. So let's just all be friends"

Bae Jang Mi nodded her head eagerly. "Yeah. Which also means you'll be hanging out with us often." She smiled.

Nabi smiled sincerely. "I appreciate that."

After ordering their food, Nabi was sure she would be left out of the group since Bae Jang Mi and Min Hyorin knew each other for awhile. She knew the two would just end up talking like the old friends they were while she'll eat and look out the window from being the third wheel. That's how most of her friendship making went and she knew this one wasn't any different. But Nabi was wrong.

"Nabi unni, I saw you talking with Jiyong oppa for awhile when you came to the studio, do you two know each other?" Bae Jang Mi asked.

Nabi folded her arms over her chest, preparing to answer the question. "Yeah, we work in the same building. We also bump into each other a lot since I live in the dorms." She said preparing herself for more questions about Kwon Jiyong but they didn't come.