Chapter 60 - Clumsy Advice

After another hour of just waiting in the private room, Joo Won entered with his secretary and a doctor who dressed in scrubs. They entered into the room with expressions that made Nabi's heart sink. The doctor bowed to Joo Won and then bowed to Nabi before leaving the room. Joo Won gave a single look to his secretary, giving him the signal to leave the room as well. With a bow, he exited the room, leaving only Nabi, Nara and Kwon Jiyong looking at Joo Won.

"Nabi-ah, I need to talk to you," Joo Won says looking at Nabi and Kwon Jiyong, "alone." He says.

Nabi looked at the two. Nara looked at her with bloodshot red eyes and worry. She was wondering why Joo Won had only asked for Nabi and not the both of them since it was her mom too. Although she was only fifteen, she felt that she was old enough to know things. She was ready to argue but Joo Won gave her a look that kept her moth zipped.

Meanwhile, Nabi looked over at Kwon Jiyong. She felt sorry for dragging him all the way here. She was ashamed for the way she acted in front of him. Worry and confusion was a mixture of emotions on his face and she read it easily. Kwon Jiyong's heart kept aching everytime he looked at Nabi. She looked like she aged ten years with stress and he was feeling heavy because he couldn't do anything about it.

"I'll be right back." Nabi said to Nara with a smile. "I'll be right back." She repeated while looking at Kwon Jiyong.

After they left, Nara sighed and slouched back into one of the seats. "It's bad isn't it?" Nara asked Kwon Jiyong.

Kwon Jiyong sat next to Nara and wrapped an arm around her. "I don't know." As he felt Nara lean into him for comfort.

It was all he felt like he could do. Especially since Nabi was trying her hardest not to burden Kwon Jiyong with anything and he could tell. However, he wanted her to put all of her burdens onto him. He didn't care if he was annoyed, tired or even in pain, so long as Nabi wasn't enduring things on her own, he'd be more than willing to carry every burden she was feeling.

After ten minutes of waiting for Nabi and Joo Won, the door slid open and Nabi walked in. Her expression was hard to read. It was kept hard as a stone. As if she hadn't even cried. It was very similar to the expression she had when Kwon Jiyong had first met her. She looked up from the ground and looked at Kwon Jiyong. A small smile slipped onto her lips but Kwon Jiyong knew it was fake.

"Jiyong oppa," She says calmly, "I have to take Nara home now. Thank you for being here with us." She smiled.

Joo Won stood behind her and shook his head, telling Kwon Jiyong not to ask her anything. He really wanted to ask her what happene or what it was he told her, but he refrained himself from doing so because of both her expression and Joo Won's head shake.

"Alright." Kwon Jiyong says. "I'll walk you to your car."

Nabi nodded. She waved Nara over to her and held Nara in her arms when she ran to her. They followed behind Joo Won while Kwon Jiyong followed behind them helplessly. He felt himself being pushed aside. He knew it wasn't the time to start anything or say anything about his feelings. He just wanted Nabi to lean on him but she was handling things herself. He couldn't do anything about it.

As they entered the parking garage and to Nabi's car, she helped an annoyed Nara into the front seat, even though she knew that she could get in all on her own. Kwon Jiyong opened the driver's side and waited there until Nabi stood in front of him. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Thank you." She whispered loud enough for him to hear.

Kwon Jiyong leaned down to her and lightly placed a small kiss on her lips. "Call me. Okay? Tell me what's going on. When you're ready." He says.