Chapter 80 - Tying Up Loose Ends

At the end of the month, the man that Nabi had hired to follow Kwon Jiyong came by her office. He handed her a large envelope and she handed him a small thick envelope that with a million won. She sat silently in her office staring at the large envelope that sat on her desk. She wasn't sure what was in it but it was making her heart beat heavily. She felt like it was so wrong. So wrong to do this. To have someone follow him and take photos of him. She had lingering feelings towards him even though it's been almost four months since she broke things off with him. She wondered if he moved on already. If he had gotten any songs to be produced. With that thought as motivation, Nabi took hold of the folder and walked over to the fire place in her office. She easily switched it on and watched as the fire burned. Without hesitation, Nabi threw the envelope into the fire and made her way back to her desk. Taking out her phone, she sent a text message to the man. She thanked him for his service and that she didn't need him any longer.

Nabi felt that, since she was the one who broke things off from him, she had no right to see what he was doing while she was apart. She felt like a crazy ex-girlfriend who couldn't handle being apart from him. She was the cause of this, so she wanted to bare the pain of the unknown. The suffering is her fault so she felt like she needed to live with it. She would no longer hold onto Kwon Jiyong after making him suffer so bad.

"I found a document." Nabi looked up to see Sang Hyuk enter her office holding a pile of papers. "These don't show too much information about your father but it does show the shareholders under this company."

Nabi raised a brow in confusion. "Why would you search up the shareholders from this company?" She asked.

"That's what I was thinking but I decided I should just check it anyways." He went up to her desk and placed the messy stacks of papers onto her desk while pointing at a specific spot. "The sales and profits this company is making and the pocket money the shareholders are making don't add up. How can their pockets be so deep when this company isn't making good sales?" He asked. "And only one of the shareholder's profit doesn't change compared to the other shareholders, so I searched deeper into his history and found that a few years ago, he received a large golf course that is stationed in America. It's the fourth of the top most expensive golf courses in America. It was handed to him by your father."

Nabi scoffed out in disbelief. "So because he can't do much with only four percent, he's using the other shareholders to go along with him in getting his way during those meetings." Nabi groaned out in frustration. "I thought they were taking sides and claiming their loyalty but my dad was buying them out." She sighed angrily. "This is why, no matter what I say during the meetings, they don't take me serious."

"Wouldn't it be easier to just buy shares from other shareholders? Why do it this way to complicate things?" He asks.

"That's because, buying shares takes shares. My dad only holds four percent which means he can't afford the cost of shares from other shareholders. Doing it this way is the only way unless shareholders give their shares up willingly." Nabi explained.

"How much percentage in shares do you hold?" Sang Hyuk asks.

"When my dad asked me to work for him, each shareholder gave up two percent of their shares to me. Enough to make me president. With this new information, now I know why they easily gave up their shares because they're all taking my dad's side." Nabi says biting her lips. "With my current position and the shares I hold, I hold sixteen percent in shares, as a president. However, the missing twenty one percent from my mom is in my hand so all together that's thirty seven percent." Nabi explained.

"That means each shareholder only holds up to seven percent or so. I don't know. I'm not good in math." Sang Hyuk says.

Nabi smiled. "It's alright. Look, this is great news. I got shares from them without even trying. My father kept asking me about the twenty one percent shares but I kept playing dumb."