Chapter 51 - Apologizing Piggyback Ride

Nabi exited the tent with anger. After talking Kwon Jiyong, she had to leave because she felt like she needed to hit something and he was the only thing there. She felt very offended by what he was saying. He didn't say it with his own mouth but she knew that he was indicating that she is a whore. Nabi didn't go around like that which was why she was so offended.

She made her way through the dark field, knowing she could hear Kwon Jiyong following behind her. She just wanted to be alone. She didn't know why he was following her but he was.

Nabi was still angry and Kwon Jiyong could tell in the way she was walking. Her arms crossed across her chest and she was stomping in annoyance down the field. He did wonder if he went too far with her. He was starting to regret jumping to conclusions. He couldn't help it. His heart ached when he saw her with him. So playful and carefree. Nabi had yet to show her true self in front of him so he was extremely jealous.

"Nabi." He says as he reached out for her elbow to stop her. "Nabi-ah." He says turning her around.

When he did, he regretted it. Nabi's cheeks were burning red, he guessed from anger while her eyes watered. Her bottom lip was trembling as she continued to try and hold in her anger and her tears. She is the type, that if pushed to the edge where she gets extremely angry, she cries. Which was why she was in a rush to get away from the argument.

Instantly cupping her cheek. "Nabi-ah." He repeated.

Nabi pulled her arm out of his grip and moved her face away from his hand. She stared at him as tears began to fall down her face and slipping down her neck. She inhaled deeply before exhaling.

"Do you understand how mean you are?" Nabi asks with an angry tone.

Kwon Jiyong sighed. "I'm sorry." He says. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"You don't understand." She says wiping at her tears, embarrassed that she was even crying. "Joo Won is six years older than me. Do you know how often I get called a whore from people who don't know that he's my best friend. And then they hear that he's a chaebeol." She scoffed. "The things that came out of their mouths were horrible. It was alright because they didn't know me. But you," She sighed, "I felt like you should've at least known that much."

Kwon Jiyong's heart began to ache at seeing Nabi cry. It wasn't only because she was crying but because he was the reason she was crying. He didn't think she would have jump to the idea of him ever thinking of her in that way. It made him angry at himself for causing Nabi any kind of pain.

"I'm sorry." Kwon Jiyong says.

Before Nabi could protest, he pulled her into a tight hug. One which she wanted to get out of it because she was mad at him. But the more she fought against him, the tighter he pulled her to him. Her tears had slowly stopped and soon her arms wrapped around his waist. He sighed happily that she hugged him back.

"I'm sorry." Kwon Jiyong says.

Nabi nodded and hid her face in the crook of his neck. She felt stupid for crying in front of him even though it was his fault. She still felt stupid. She didn't know if she overreacted or not but she just didn't feel right about his indication.

"Why do you two keep coming out so far!" Nabi and Kwon Jiyong broke their embrace the moment they heard Seungri's voice from across the field. "Seriously! I had to leave the campsite and everything!"

"What do you want?!" Kwon Jiyong shouted.

"Mom says she wants everyone in the recroom to sing karaoke!" He shouted. "They keep making me do all the run around because supposedly I'm the maknae!"