Chapter 18 - Late Night Conversations

Nabi arrived to the studio. With a small knock on the door, Kwon Jiyong opened it and smiled down to Nabi who looked tired. He welcomed her in and she smiled at the emptiness of the studio unlike how crowded it was earlier. She always liked being in the studio. She found that it brought a lot of memories to her. Good memories that turned old and sad but she refused to make them out like bad memories when she had a blast in the recording studio back then.

"Just sit and rest. I'll be done as soon as possible." Kwon Jiyong said heading back to his spot on the table.

Nabi nodded. "It's alright. Take your time." She said as she sat down.

Nabi took out her phone from her bag and started texting her mom. She wanted to make sure she was alright and eating good. After staring at the screen of her phone and not getting a reply, she decided to read some books on her phone. As she sat there reading and scrolling down her phone, she started getting uncomfortable sitting in the same position for a long period of time. She was so uncomfortable that she kept moving around on the chair. She wondered if it was rude to lay down on the couch. She did it anyway. She sighed in content as she read from her last spot she left on in her story.

Meanwhile Kwon Jiyong was putting together the layers of his voice and the beat. He promised Teddy that he could take care of his song Red and put it together. So far, President Yang had passed all of Kwon Jiyong's songs that were complete. The few that President Yang had thought should be the main focus of the album were handed out to the choreographer to start on a dance routine. They needed it done ahead of time since the choreographer was also working with other groups and the dances for their songs, so when Kwon Jiyong's album is complete, the dance will be ready for his comeback.

Editing the song was always a difficult process, yet Kwon Jiyong always enjoyed it. He liked the outcome of the work he was able to put into it. When the finishing product comes together, and knowing that he was the one that put everything together, it was the best feeling in the world to him. Knowing that the hard work he put into his music, will always pay off. Teddy being there and completing a lot of the work, was always appreciated. He was amazing at doing what he does and he was amazing at being able to perfect music in the most impossible way. Kwon Jiyong looked up to him.

As soon as Kwon Jiyong clicked save on the file, he stood up and smiled happily. "Alright let me just pack up and..." he stopped mid-sentence when he turned around.

A smile crept up on his lips as he spotted Nabi laying on her side while sleeping on the couch. Her phone held loosely in her hands while she silently slept. Pieces of her hair fell in her face, covering most of it's surface. A small strand of hair that fell over her face, blew out with every breath she exhaled. Her hair was getting longer and her dark roots were showing more than it was when Kwon Jiyong had met her the first time. Looking at her, he thought back on the article he had read about the girl group Gem. He was sure it was Nabi who was the leader of the group who had disbanded. If the article was true, Kwon Jiyong wondered why Nabi ran out of the building crying. Why did she throw her career away? What was so important for her that she gave up becoming an idol? Throwing away all the work during her training years down the drain along with it. He couldn't figure it out. Why did she run out? Her career instantly shattered because of that. There had to be a reason so important to her that she dropped her career in an instant.

He continued to stare at her sleeping figure, but Nabi suddenly shot up, waking up from her sleep. Waking up so suddenly made Kwon Jiyong instantly turn around in shame at staring at her while she was asleep.

Nabi looked over to Kwon Jiyong who was standing with his back facing her. She stood up and wiped at her mouth. She had been drooling, which caused her face to turn up into disgust. Her cheeks burned, hoping Kwon Jiyong hadn't seen her sleeping or drooling. She'd die of embarrassment. Nabi is a light sleeper so she could feel herself deep sleeping in a place she wasn't supposed to be sleeping at. It was a useless talent that only helped her when sleeping in public or on public transportation.