Chapter 32 - International Friends

A few weeks later

Nabi walked into her classroom to see the boys. It was already January but their debut date was delayed so they hadn't had a chance to debut. She felt bad for them because they were getting anxious about their debut date. They didn't want it to take as long as it took Ikon to debut.

"Hey guys." Nabi smiles. They all bowed as she entered. "What are you guys doing here?" She asked. "I swore I was supposed to get girls today." She giggled. "Unless..." she says with a knowing smile.

"We're not girls, teacher." Kang Joon Ki says.

"Last time I checked." Park Sung Wook added.

Nabi chuckled. "Alright. Alright. What can I do for you guys today?" She asks.

"We heard you're President Yang's niece." Oh Jin Tae spoke up.

"Yes, I am." Nabi chuckled as she leaned her weight onto her desk while crossing her arms. "What about it?"

"We were wondering if you could ask President Yang to hurry up and speed out debut." Kang Won Sik spoke up.

Nabi chuckled and shook her head. "Trust me, he has a plan for you guys. Jiyong is still in the process of performing his songs. I'm sure you guys will be able to perform soon. Just be a little patient." Nabi smiled. "Now go! I only train trainees not those who are ready to debut." She smiled but they stood there staring st her. Nabi sighed. "Fine, I'll talk to him. Now go and practice your dances and vocals. You'll do well."

They all bowed and thanked her. Nabi waved and looked over to the desks to see the girls waiting patiently for her. Putting her now long hair into a high ponytail as she began teaching. The class usually ran about a few hours long. She can hear the progress the girls were making. They were able to sing longer notes without straining their voices. They were also able to go a couple octaves higher than they were when they first started training.

When they went up to the dance studio where Nabi met with the choreographer, and then began their vocal training along with their choreographed training. Nabi would point out some flaws on their breathing and vocals here and there while the choreographer would point out errors every now and then in their dances when they were a few beats off.

Soon Nabi was on break for lunch. The students had moved onto their next part of training, which she believed had something to do with languages, but she was in the classroom, packing her belongings. Getting ready to head out to lunch.

"Hey!" Nabi jumped, frightened by the sudden shout of surprise. "Sorry." She soon added at seeing Nabi's reaction.

Nabi looked over to the doorway and smiled. "Jang Mi!"

"Unni!" She said cheerfully as she ran and gave Nabi a hug. "It's been so long."

Nabi chuckled and hugged her back. "Yes, it's been awhile." She pushed Bae Jang Mi's shoulder back to break up the hug. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"President Yang finally allowed me to start my album. I'm working on my album with Jinu sunbaenim." She shrugged. "I'm hungry and I refused to sing until I was fed so he let me out for break." She shrugged with no regrets.

Nabi nodded. "That's great. My uncle finally let you work." Bae Jang Mi nodded eagerly. "So, are we going to go eat?" She asked.

"I thought you'd never asked." Bae Jang Mi says hooking her arms with Nabi's. "Let's go. I'm meeting a friend of mines."

....

Bae Jang Mi dragged Nabi into a nice restaurant. She soon let go of Nabi's arm and went to greet some of her friends. Nabi peered around the corner to see Bae Jang Mi hugging people. A guy with bleached blond hair. A girl with her hair cut in a short boy cut but dyed black. She held a hat in her hands as she took Nabi into a hug. Another guy was standing there. This time, he was shorter than the blond guy, and much skinnier. They all wore winter jackets with fur rimming the hood of it. They were just all different colors.