Chapter 71 - Welcome Back

Kwon Jiyong entered YG Entertainment with Bae Jang Mi and Choi Seung-Hyun following behind him. Bae Jang Mi was forcing him to go into President Yang's office and apologize for slacking off for six months. During the ride over, Bae Jang Mi kept going on and on about how she would've disbanded Kwon Jiyong if she was President Yang. For six months he hasn't been doing anything for the company so he understood where she was coming from.

As they were approaching President Yang's office, the door opened. Bae Jang Mi took a second to process who had stepped out from behind the door, and when it did settle in, she stepped forward, ready to lash out. She was ready to fight her right in the entertainment company's hallway. After noticing what was going on with the situation, Choi Seung-Hyun took hold of his wife's arm and dragged her into a nearby studio with his free hand over her mouth.

Kwon Jiyong stood there in shock. His mind couldn't comprehend why she was standing before him. She was just as shocked as he was but she quickly covered her expression. Park Nabi stood confidently in front of Kwon Jiyong. However, she looked like a completely different person. Not only in the way she presented herself but also the way she carried herself. Gone was the simple and plain Nabi who was always soft spoken. Now before Kwon Jiyong, stood someone completely different. Her hair now cut short and dyed black. She wore a black shirt covered with a long sleeve white blazer that stopped at her hips, tight jeans with expensive jewelry hanging from her neck and ears. She even had a golden watch wrapped around her wrist. What was even more shocking with her appearance was the fact she wasn't bare faced like usual. She didn't look like a clown caked up in makeup but she wore just enough to make her look fashionable. She even wore heels. Something far off from what she usually wore.

"Kwon Jiyong-ssi." Nabi bowed politely as she spoke to him formally.

His eyes started to water at the sight before him. "How ar-"

Before he could say anything, Nabi cut him off. "Let's go talk up on the roof."

Kwon Jiyong waited for Nabi to take the lead. She began making her way down the hall and up the stairs. Kwon Jiyong followed, almost like a zombie. He pulled the hood for his jacket over his head and stuck his hands in the pockets of the jacket, staggering behind Nabi with constant questions that he wanted to ask her, running repeatedly through his head. He wanted answers. He needed them.

When they arrived on the roof, Nabi sat at just one of the many tables that scattered across the YG Entertainment building's rooftop. She looked at Kwon Jiyong, not really saying anything or doing anything. Her face was expressionless, not showing any sign of remorse. She simply gave Kwon Jiyong a nod towards the seat across from her, so that they could talk appropriately. Slowly, he followed her command, sitting down across from her. He kept his head down, not able to say anything. However, he could feel Nabi staring at him. Burning holes into the top of his head.

"How have you been?" Nabi started.

"Where did you go?" Kwon Jiyong asks looking up at her now.

"I hope you're doing okay." She says ignoring his question. "You don't look like you've been eating much."

"I asked you a question." Kwon Jiyong says. "Where have you been?"

"You need to take care of yourself. Make sure you're eating well and drinking water." Nabi says.

"Why'd you leave?" Kwon Jiyong asks with his voice getting louder.

"Also, you should get more sleep. You don't look good with tired eyes." Nabi continued.

The two were having two completely different conversations. Nothing made sense between the two. Kwon Jiyong wanted answers, Nabi wanted Kwon Jiyong to be healthy. The whold conversation was going anywhere and if someone were to listen to this conversation, both sides would seem completely one-sided.