Chapter 66 - Meant To Be

Nabi and Nara exited the airport and headed to the parking lot where her car was parked. Both had been in Japan for the last couple of days sorting out Nara's situation. Nara didn't want to attend school in Japan anymore and wanted to stay in South Korea with Nabi. Since Nabi is now Nara's legal guardian, she had to go to Japan personally to get all of Nara's schooling handled and settled with. The two hour flight back to Korea felt longer than just two hours to Nabi. Once they get to Korea, Nabi has to place Nara into a school and buy her a uniform. Nara had the choice to go to any school she pleased, Nabi wasn't going to restrict her from doing anything she wanted to do.

"There's the car." Nara says.

Nabi dragged their luggage as Nara went with the car keys and beeped the trunk open. They both got into the car after placing their luggage neatly in the back of the trunk. They began their drive off from the Incheon airport and into the middle of Seoul. It was already night and Nara had wanted to stay over President Yang's house for the night while Nabi just wanted to go home. So the two were going to separate for the time being since they wanted to go to different places.

"We're here. Try not to give uncle and aunty a hard time. Make sure you do your own laundry alright?" Nabi says getting out to help Nara with her bags. "Make sure you tell them thank you and please. Bow when you need to bow and don't speak behind their back in Japanese when your cousins are annoying you. Mom taught us better than that. We'll deal with all your school issues later since it's still Summer."

"Alright." Nara smiled.

"Tell aunty and uncle that I couldn't come in to greet them because I'm in a rush." Nabi says waving. "I'll pick you up when you want me to."

Nabi got in her car and began driving out of the driveway of President Yang's house. She drove out onto the freeway where she then began her journey through the city making her way to her destination. Her actual goal was to rid her of Nara for a few days so she could see someone she has been aching to see. Kwon Jiyong. She hasn't seen him or spoken to him for almost a week since the funeral since she was dealing with all her things before she could actually be free and clear of mind. She needed to see him and she need to be with him. She missed his smell and his voice. She wasn't able to text or call him because she felt like it would only tease her and cause her to break down on how much she actually missed him. She didn't want to embarrass herself in front of him like that. She has done enough to do so.

Nabi pulled up to his house and parked outside of the large metal gates. She went to the gate and rung the bell while looking into the camera. After waiting for a few minutes, the front gate opened wide to reveal Kwon Jiyong wearing a black tracksuit. They looked at each other for a few seconds before Kwon Jiyong reached out and hugged her.

Kwon Jiyong had been waiting patiently like Bae Jang Mi had told him to do. Although Bae Jang Mi was still mad at him, he was taking her advice and waiting for Nabi to sort out all her priorities first. It felt good to feel her squeeze him into the tight hug. He walked both of them inside before shutting the gates with Nabi still embracing him.

"I missed you so much." Nabi says muffled into his neck.

"I missed you too." Kwon Jiyong says running a hand through her hair. "But before we go inside, I need to ask you something." Nabi nodded for him to continue while still holding onto him. "Who was that guy that you were talking to at the funeral?" He asked.

Nabi paused as she tried to remember back. "You mean, my brother?" She questioned pulling her head back to look at him. "We were sitting on the ledge of the cement."

Smiling to himself, he nodded. Not needing anything else. "Okay. Let's go inside."

Nabi nodded. They broke apart and Kwon Jiyong intertwined his hands with Nabi's hands, leading her inside his house. Nabi was nervous about his parents and what they would say when he walked in with her in hand. She was only planning to see him and talk to him for a few minutes outside.