Chapter 63 - Be Our Guests

Kwon Jiyong sat in his car looking down at his phone. Currently the second day of the funeral, and already news about Nabi's mother had gotten around. Not only in the entertainment world but also in the business world. Kwon Jiyong was currently reading articles on different websites about Nabi. It was double the popularity of both Nabi's career and the death of her mom.

"Breaking News: Former Chairwoman of Classical Designs: Women Wear has now passed away. Recently, our sources have found out more details about the Chairwoman and her whereabouts after not being in the business scene for over five years which also lead to her stepping down from the position as Chairwoman. It was later found that her disappearance from media attention and business duties were due to her illness which is also the cause of death. We confirmed that the Chairwoman is also the elder sister of Yang Hyun Suk, better known as the founder of YG Entertainment. The blood line doesn't stop there, the Chairwoman also confirmed to be the mother of Park Nabi, who had been in the media heat due to the relationship between her and the leader of BigBang, Kwon Jiyong better known by stage name, G-Dragon. Due to Park Nabi's reappearance into the media spotlight, her past about being a former member of disbanded girl group GEM resurfaces, raising even more questions as to why she had disappeared right before GEM could perform together for their debut back in 2006. Sources say that the Chairwoman's illness is related to Park Nabi's disappearance. Although Park Nabi received a lot of heat because she failed to take action after abandoning leadership duties, former fans have shared their thoughts and apologies to Park Nabi through SNS for writing negative comments about her during the time of hardship. Despite all the news we have of Park Nabi, We at BeMostLike's Magazine will like to give our condolences to the family and friends of Yang Hyun-Ae."

Kwon Jiyong sighed and sat back in his seat after reading the long article. He began nibbling on his finger as he tried to figure out who was behind telling the media about not only the death of Nabi's mother but also the reason for Nabi's disappearance. There weren't many who knew about the situation and as far as Kwon Jiyong knew, Nabi had no intention of saying anything about it to reporters. He let out a breath of frustration as no name came into his mind as to who could be responsible for the published article. That was until he was ready to step out of his car.

Accross the parking lot walked four girls in a group, arms hooked with one another. Out of the four, he only recognized two. All four dressed in black with their hair done neatly, dressed properly for a funeral. Angered by who he saw, he rushed out of his car and walked over to the girls that were about to head up the steps and into the traditional housing where the funeral was being held.

Shocked by his sudden appearance, they flinched back into each other. "Why are you guys here? Did you guys come to cause more trouble for Nabi?"

So-Hee (GEM's Maknae) shook her head with her hands held out. "Sunbaenim," She started, "that's not why we're here."

"Then why?" He asked.

"I don't know if she told you or if you heard from her but none of us knew why she left like that." Da Hye (The one who slapped Nabi) snapped. "She obviously doesn't tell anyone much."

"We're here to pay our respects. None of us knew about Nabi's mom being sick. It's the only thing we can do after not being in contact for so long." One of the unidentified girls said.

"No, Bori is right Sunbaenim. None of us knew. None of us, except for So-Hee." Another unidentified girl says.

"I overheard the conversation she had on the phone when she found out. A few days later she called me to tell me not to say anything to the other members. I don't know what her reason was but I had to respect my eonni's favor." So-Hee explained.