Chapter 57 - After So Long

Nabi stood out on her porch with her thumb placed nervously between her teeth. She wore ripped skinny jeans and a lose white t-shirt. Her long hair tied tightly into a bun with strands falling all around her. Finishing the yard work after two hours, she began the waiting game. Kwon Jiyong had informed her of him leaving Seoul awhile ago and hadn't gotten another response from him after.

Nabi's mom and Nara were getting tired just watching her pace around on the wooden porch. She would sit on the swing bench, swing for a minute or two, stand back up, pace the floor for ten minutes, stop to check her phone and then continue pacing the floor for another five minutes, before finally repeating the whole process again. It was a sore for them to watch. However, it didn't stop them from standing a few steps by the front window while they wait for the show to begin. And by show, they're waiting for Kwon Jiyong to show up.

"Can you stop? You're going to make our new porch look thirty years older." Nabi's mother shouted from the inside of the house.

Before Nabi could reply with a smart remark, she heard a car pull into the large courtyard. When she looked, sure enough it was Kwon Jiyong's spaceship, parked out front. The car door opened and Nabi was already down the steps, ready to greet him. Kwon Jiyong got out of his car with a smile high on his face. He felt immediate joy spread throughout his body as he spotted Nabi coming down the steps. When he reached her, he instantly took Nabi into a tight hug, lifting her off the floor and swinging her around in a circle as he did so. Nabi let out a squeal before he finally put her back to the ground.

"I've missed you so much." Kwon Jiyong says.

He placed a hand over her redden cheek before slipping it to the back of her neck. Ever so slightly, he bent and covered her lips with his own. Although the sun shown lightly through the clouds, the warmth between them felt hotter. Nabi felt herself give in to him, allowing him to take the lead. She could feel his other hand, slip behind her waist, holding her flush against him. As their lips moved perfectly against the others, Nabi had a hand running up his chest and to his hair while her other went to his neck, placing her hands over his jaw. After lightly nibbling on Nabi's bottom lip, she pulled herself back and began laughing in embarrassment. She was surprised by his sudden nibble on her lip that she pulled back in shock.

"I'm sorry." Nabi smiled.

"That's okay. Let's go inside and greet your mom." Kwon Jiyong says confidently.

Nabi's mom and Nara instantly ran away from the front window when they saw them making their way up the courtyard and onto the porch. Nara went to sit on the single couch and folded a leg over the other while reading a magazine that was left out on the coffee table. Meanwhile, their mom sat down on the love seat, grabbed the panda facial mask that she threw on the coffee table and placed it over her face, even though it dried out because she was looking out the window instead of tending to the mask she left out open. Both looked so relax as if they weren't poking their nose into Nabi's love life.

"Mom." Nabi says.

"Huh?" She says sitting up and looking over to the door way. "Oh so this is why you were pacing the porch as if you were waiting for a snowy day in the middle of the summer time." She says seeing Kwon Jiyong standing next to Nabi.

Although flattered to hear that Nabi had been waiting for him like that, he decided not to say anything on that subject. "Hello." He bowed deeply.

"Jiyong-ah, you get more handsome each time I see you." She says with a smile.

Kwon Jiyong smiled happily. "Thank you." He bowed.

"Why don't you show him around Nabi? Last time he came, he couldn't see much since it was so dark out that time." She smiled. "Maybe even to the river."