Chapter 78 - Hired

Nabi had a cup of coffee in her hand as she made an exit from her house. Just as she was making her way down the steps, Jung Lina entered through her front gates. Unlike the other times Nabi had seen her, her hair was now straight and went down past her mid back. She smiled kindly as she gave a light bow to Nabi. Nabi gave her an odd look, wondering if she was here to deliver milk or give an answer to what Nabi briefly spoke with her about.

"Lina-ssi, are you here to deliver milk?" Nabi asked as she went down the stairs.

Jung Lina shook her head. "No," she says using a hand to rub her opposite shoulder out of nervousness, "I came here about the job offer."

Nabi smiled. "So are you going to do it?" She asks.

Jung Lina nodded her head. "I have no choice."

"Why'd you make it up so suddenly?" Nabi asked curiously.

Jung Lina sighed. "You see, my dad gotten really hurt this one time and ended up in the hospital. My dad was a construction worker while my mom cooks in a small fast food joint. My father's company refused to cover any medical expenses. They said he wasn't hurt on the job so we saw no way of us getting any help from them, financially of course. And since my mom only ran a small fast food joint, she too had no health insurance. Now, my siblings and I have-"

Nabi cut her off. "You don't have to explain that to me."

"No. It's not like it's a secret or something." Jung Lina says truthfully. "My father was hurt badly. I work three part time jobs just to pay off the hospital bill."

Nabi smiled. "Alright." She says placing an arm on her hip. "I hope you're not busy today." Nabi smiled as Jung Lina shook her head. "Good. Can you start work today?"

"Yeah." She says. "Probably after I get some work clothes on."

Nabi smiled. "Just dress professionally. The employees will know the difference."

Not knowing by what Nabi meant, she just followed Nabi out into the streets where Min Sang Hyuk stood, leaning coolly against the hood of Nabi's company car. He wore a suit professionally and looked like he was modeling for a fashion magazine. He even looked amazing while sipping on an iced coffee through a red and white striped straw.

"Who is she?" He asked with an unsettling tone.

"This is my assistant." Nabi says.

Looking at Nabi confused, he raised a brow. "I thought I was your assistant."

"You're my secretary. You're supposed to open the car door when you come to pick me up." Nabi says pointing at the back door of the the car.

"You're more than capable of opening the car door yourself. You know with your own two working arms." He says walking around the front of the car to get to the driver's seat. "Hurry. We'll be late." He shouted out before shutting the door.

Sighing with annoyance, Nabi turned to Jung Lina and smiled apologetically. "Don't mind him. He probably has something up his butt." Nabi shrugged while Jung Lina smiled understandably. "Do you need a ride home?" Nabi asked.

Jung Lina shook her head. "No! Go ahead and I'll meet you at your work place."

Nabi nodded and began digging through her wallet before handing out a business card. "Call this number when you arrive to the building. They'll escort you to my office."

Jung Lina nodded and bowed a thank you. She waited for Nabi to climb into her car before bowing again as the car sped off. Nabi kept silent as she looked at the passing windows. Without fail, her mind wandered off into unmarked territories that consisted the memories of her and Kwon Jiyong. She wondered what was going to happen when she receives information on his activities as she was away from him. She felt like it was wrong, but couldn't help herself. Nothing made sense to her and she had no idea what she was doing.