Screw it

I saw the door open and saw all of the girls come into the room, another Wither Skeleton came through the door and took its place on the right Side of the door, then I looked back at the girls, after a few awkward moments of silence, one of the girls, the Ghast girl, decided to speak up and break the silence, "I am Charlotte, princess of the Ghast, these are my friends, Princesses... Cupa of the Creepers, Sarah of the Skeletons, Andr of the Endermen, Silk of the Spiders, Zoey of the Zombies, Winter of the Wither Skeletons, Misty of the Zombie Pigmen... And Blazette, of the Blazes" she said, pointing at each person as she said their names, but I couldn't care less of that right now, "why am I here ?" I said, "for us to apologise for the way we have treated you, it was a... Misunderstanding" said Sarah, "misunderstanding ?, then tell me this, why should I ever trust you, any of you, after the pain I have gone through, being called a liar and then burned, give me one reason why I should ever listen to you" I said in a low, harsh tone.

"We understand that your view on us is low at the moment, but... We were afraid that you would kill us, or worse" said Silk, "that I could understand, but her... *i point to Blazette*... My view on her in far to low it even consider it as anything, I bet she knew I was telling the truth, I... Do you have any idea on what effect that had on me, what that can mentally do to me, hung to the wall in tight chains like an animal, then tortured and scarred for life by a girl who thinks I'm pathetic, I was so tempted to try and break those chains" I said, trying to get up, "I knew to get out of here, try to get home,... And why is my wounds healed to the point that they look like they didn't exist ?" I said, "Healing potions, but you still shouldn't be moving about" said Cupa, then Blazette spoke up "I'm sorry for what I did to you, but you killed a couple of my guards, and I am sometimes in the worst mood possible, I... I am sorry and would do anything to prove it" she said, in a voice that sounded very depressed.

I got up and noticed I was practically naked, baring my boxers, "here, we found this near the portal" said Zoey, and they handed me my Bergen, it had my spare combats in it, and my weapons and webbing was also placed next to it, with my mask, and burned clothes, my trousers would need repairing and the shirt and PT top would need sewing up, but I can fix them, I placed them in my Bergen, took out the spares and put them on, I then put on my Osprey body armour and checked my rifle, I removed the magazine, locked the working parts back and checked the chamber, then closed it and fired off the action and placed the ejected round back into the magazine, then slapped it back on to the rifle.

I did this in about four to five minutes, from the moment I opened my bergen to putting the magazine back onto my rifle, I then put on my helmet and turn toward the girls, my voice softer then it was only minutes ago, "I'll forgive you, on the fact that it was a... misunderstanding, but I will attack if I get provoked, I'm sorry for killing a couple of your guards, but I best be off, things to do and stuff to see, and I have to find a way home" I said, smiling, Blazette seemed to cheer up abit, even smile a little.

I was about to walk past them when one of them, Andr, said, "excuse me, but would you like to stay with us, we can help you and try and get you home, but we may need you to do some things for us" she said, "hmm, well.... Screw it, I don't see me coming up with a better idea, alright, it a deal, ma'am" I replied and stood to attention, "39220115, Corporal Bielby, reporting for duty, you highnesses" I said, quick and sharp, "okey, we better get back, see you Nether Princesses in a couple of days, we will probably send him through here on an errand or to you if you require him" said Andr, then She, Sarah, Zoey, Cupa and Silk walked off, with me being behind them, I smiled at how funny this would appear if one of my friends saw me now, walking casually through, what is practically, another version of Hell.

We got to the portal in about 10 minutes, and walked through, I wasn't the first on through, but Sarah and Cupa told me to jump in, I did it without question, and nearly fell flat on my ass when I went back through.

"We moved through the corridors of the old castle, there were some armoured Zombies and Skeletons, but they ignored me as I was with the Princesses, "they wouldn't attack you unless we tell them too, same can be said for most of our mobs, but there are some who have... Go feral, they wouldn't listen to us, heck, they would attack us too, because we don't look like them, they don't really attack other mobs, but sometimes they fight each other." Said Sarah, "OK, and let me guess, the ones in the armour are friendly to me, right ?m but if I find one in the middle of nowhere, likely chances are that its a threat ?" I questioned, "yes, unfortunately" she said, we them moved into a room that had a fire in the middle and a few tables and chairs, there were some paintings and some big sofas in front of the fire.

"This is cozy" I said, only to get a giggle in response, "you think this is cozy ?" Said Zoey, "well, considering all the places I had to sleep in during my tours of duty in Afghanistan, this is cozy, maybe even luxurious. I had to sleep on the hard floors, with dust and dirt, in an old shack, or in a two foot deep pit, dug in the middle of a forest or in sand, exposed to the elements." I said.

"Seems like you've done it all" said Silk, taking a seat on the sofa nearest to the fire, and gestured me to take a seat, so I took my kit off, placed on the floor next to me, then I sat on a nice looking arm chair by the Side of the fire and saw that the others were sitting down, like I was going to tell the a story, "well, I've been to places, climbed out of the back of a warrior, which is a name of an armoured Vehicle, has a big 30mm gun and can hold a squad in the back of it. But anyway, I climbed out of one of those during a firefight,slept in an unused compound as the enemy fire their guns at my position, I was scared but I get over it, but it's IEDs that scare me the most, I've had friends have their legs blown off or loss an arm because of one of those, either when they step on them or a enemy detonates it by remote means, and they are nasty little things that can't really be disarmed, we just find them, have engineers to dig them up and confirm what it is, then our explosive ordinance teams will rigg it and blow it up, but it doesn't always go to plan" I say, these girls seemed interested in my experiences, "have you ever killed up close ?" Asked Sarah, "I... Ah, yeah, there have been a few occasions that I have run out of ammo then had to fix bayonet, or went into close quarters, or ordered to fix bayonet and charge across open ground as the enemy fired at us" I said, and showed them the bayonet that was attached to my webbing, I then placed it on the rifle to show them.

Why am I doing this ?